Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Desk assemble

sdahiya
Getting Established

Desk assemble

Hello there,

I started assembling a desk and i need to have a matel sheet with two hooks ( see attached)

Can someone please let me know if i can get it from Bunnings?Metel Hook.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Desk assemble

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sdahiya. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

That appears to be some type of proprietary fixing used by the manufacturer to join the desk together. I am not aware of any generic fixture that would replace it. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if a spare part was available?

Your fixing seems to work on a similar principle as the Hafele Bed BracketSet and Kia Ora 120 x 40mm Gold Maxilock Bed Bracket, so you could perhaps use one of these instead. Alternatively, depending on how the bracket attaches to the other piece, you could use a standard L bracket. You might like to show our helpful members an image of how the joint goes together as that would allow them to suggest alternative products you could use. Let me mention @redracer01 in case he has seen this bracket before.

I look forward to hearing further details on the fixing mechanism and offering a solution to your issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much Mitchell,

Please see attached pic of the other side where it needs to go into..

Also, please be advised that yes i asked the supplier but they mentioned that they don't hold the spare parts for the desks. 

Thank you so much for your assistance :smile:

other side.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'd suggest the best method of fixing the panel would be with an L bracket @sdahiya. One could be screwed directly into the desk's frame and then into the back of the panel. It appears to be a steel frame on the desk, so it would be best to use Zenith 10G x 30mm Galvanised Wafer Head Metal Screws. These screws are self-drilling, so you won't need to drill any pilot holes.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell

I think this is best solutiong for this. 

Thank you i will go to Bunnings in cranbourne and buy it.

Thanks again for your assistance :smile:

Hello @sdahiya 

I totally agree with @MitchellMc 's suggestion. Seeing that it is a proprietary fixture, you will need a bracket to hold it in place. If you are attaching to a steel post I suggest getting a center punch to mark your drill points to avoid drill bit drift. A phenomenon known to happen when the drill bit head has no guide and your trying to drill in the correct spot. A handy tool to have in case you need to drill in to more steel.

Red

Screenshot_2021-04-27 Finkal 1 5mm Round Head Centre Punch.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects