Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Disguise indoor gas heating connector

theparlourroom
Having an Impact

Disguise indoor gas heating connector

Does anyone have any ideas to disguise an unused gas connection indoors? We’re putting a wall-hung cabinet above it, and I’d like to cover it with something black so it blends into the wall. Other than building a cube-shapes cover, pairing it, and attaching it to the wall, I don’t have any ideas. Thanks in advance! 

1235B1FB-88BA-4DE9-AC6F-DB9D34432634.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Disguise indoor gas heating connector

Hi @theparlourroom,

I believe painting it black would certainly stop it from being so obvious.

What do you have in the area surrounding it? Could you recess it inside a cupboard, bookshelf, side table or something similar to hide it? Do you use the outlet? If not you could have it removed.

You might like to take a wider angle picture of what the room looks like, as that would assist our members in suggesting how you could disguise it.

Let me mention @Tara86 and @prettyliving to see if they had some nifty ideas.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I’d definitely like to paint it black. Is there a paint that’s safe for a gas fitting? 

@theparlourroom,

You would certainly want to avoid spraying inside the fitting but I can't see any particular reason why it wouldn't be safe painting the exterior of it. I'd advise using Dulux 300g Metalshield Flat Black Epoxy Enamel Spray Paint.

As with any gas fitting if you have concerns then I would suggest talking to a licensed gas fitter first before proceeding.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good idea, I’ll definitely talk to a professional. Thanks for your help! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects