Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Frame to keep puppy pee pad flat

Laurens
Building a Reputation

Frame to keep puppy pee pad flat

Puppy Pee Pads are a great addition if you have a small dog and no outdoor area.

However, and there is always a 'however'. The pads can be a nuisance to keep flat if there is a breeze in the house, or a playful pup.

The other issue which sometimes comes up is that the puppy will sniff the pad and pee beside it.

I believe that my simple frame will prevent all of the above.

I made a frame that covers the outer edges, using left over skirting board.

The underside of the board has a few small nails protruding so the puppy pad cant move around, the timber edge also encourages the puppy to move onto the pad..

Of course the frame has to be well sealed with paint, in case the dog pees on it.

Pee Pad frame.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Puppy Pee Pad

What a brilliant idea @Laurens

It's great to see you create a solution to such a common issue when using puppy pads. Using your leftover skirting board is a creative and practical way to make the pads more secure and prevent them from moving around. 

It's always a joy to see pet owners come up with innovative solutions to make their lives and their pets' lives easier. I'm sure other pet owners will find your project helpful as well. 

Keep up the great work and many thanks for sharing!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects