Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect automation puzzle

cliveg
Getting Established

Grid Connect automation puzzle

Hello, I have recently purchased 2 Grid Connect motion sensor/cameras (out and 1 outdoor siren from Bunnings. The sensor/cameras seem to work fine but the automation won't work for me (BTW - Arlec really - please - need to give some decent instructions on setting up the automation!)

I have attached relevant screenshots. What I want to do is have the sensors (kitchen sink and kitchen fridge) activate the siren between 10pm and 4am if motion is detected. But after trying for hours to do this I cannot get it to work. The sensors/cameras and siren works fine as a standalone item but the siren will not activate when one of the sensors detects motion. Any advice appreciated.

Thankyou
Clive

IMG-4622.PNG

IMG-4621.PNG

IMG-4620.PNG

IMG-4624.PNG

IMG-4623.PNG

     

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect automation puzzle

Hi @cliveg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Grid app automation.

I'm sorry to hear that the siren is giving you this particular issue. Would it be possible for you to indicate which exact model it is? I can then make the appropriate inquiry to our provider and find out if there is a way to program the system you have. In the meantime have a look at this discussion - Grid Connect motion sensor software issues by @ericd3nholm. They figured out the solution by activating the "when all conditions met" tag on the Grid software. 

As soon as I have more information, I'll post it here.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cliveg
Getting Established

Thankyou Eric,

The camera/motion sensor is SC009HA and the siren is SWS08HA.

I have previously checked out the discussion by ericd3nholm and that solution is not relevant to my problem.

I have emailed Arlec but have had no response. I have also phoned Arlec and the lady said she would get back to me by this morning at the latest but she has not.

Thanks again.

Clive

cliveg
Getting Established

BTW - the Grid Connect appears to be a very good product but the complete lack of instructions about how to use the automation is very poor.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cliveg 

I've just spoken to Arlec and the customer service person you spoke to is actually preparing the steps to help you program your sensors and siren. I believe the public holiday in Victoria could be the reason she did not get back to you. Please let me know if you don't hear from Arlec customer service, I'll be more than happy to follow it up for you.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your alarm system up and running.

Eric

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @cliveg

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop.

Something doesn't seem right with your set-up, if you could possibly post pictures of the settings that aren't too small to read, that would be awesome.

One other thing, did you test this system, within the stated hours where lighting levels where different?

I'm more than willing to help you out, if I can, i do Electrical stuff as a job.

Cheers,

MikeTNZ

cliveg
Getting Established

Thanks Eric, total silence from Arlec unfortunately :unhappy:

And a new problem to report.... The sensors were reliably sending notifications to my iPhone and then have just ceased for no apparent reason. I have checked all the notification settings and all seems ok so this a new puzzle!

Clive

cliveg
Getting Established

Thanks Mike, I will get some pictures together for you. Much appreciated. Clive

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cliveg 

Please let me reach out to you through private messaging so I can get more of your details and provide assistance.

Eric

cliveg
Getting Established

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your offer of help. Here are relevant screenshots from the app. Basically, I have 3 sensors: outside camera; kitchen fridge; kitchen sink. Then I have an outdoor siren. I have focused on 'kitchen fridge' as an example. What I have tried to setup is for the sensor to become active (private mode off) from 10pm to 4am each day. During that active time if the sensor detects human movement it should activate the alarm (strobe light only). Its a similar setup for 'kitchen sink'.

Any suggestions appreciated. If you need any more info let me know.

Thankyou

Clive

IMG-4721.PNGIMG-4722.PNGIMG-4723.PNGIMG-4724.PNGIMG-4725.PNGIMG-4726.PNGIMG-4720.PNG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects