Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a simple automation chain for setting a schedule to dim down  the Arlec globes a set times and days you require.

I work late nights on rotation and when I turn the ensuite light on I don't want to the light on full brightness waking up the better half and I don't also want to be fumbling for my phone to dim it down so I set the 2 following automations.

Someone might know how to combine them into 1 and that would be fantastic.

By setting your active period down the bottom you ate telling the automation when you want it active.

You can have the light switch flicked off and flick it on within that period and it will dim to lowest setting or whatever you have it set and it will remain in that state for that set period.

Carl

Screenshot_20220621-102751_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-102411_Grid Connect.jpg

Re: Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

The lights just display lots of random colours

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@LCairns,

Thanks for confirming. I'll contact Arlec back and then update you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, the gradient bar doesn't bring up anything. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@LCairns,

Can you please try selecting mode seven on your remote, which could be labelled 'combination'. After doing so, close and open your app to check whether the rainbow gradient bar appears. Also, try selecting the different modes in the app to see whether the full gradient rainbow options only appear in specific modes.

Mitchell

Thanks for jumping on the @MitchellMc I'm getting a little busy this afternoon at work.

The lights didn't come with a remote 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I apologise for that, @LCairns. Obviously, something must have confused the situation.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@LCairns,

The Arlec tech team are currently looking into this issue for us. I'll update you as soon as a hear back from them.

I presume you've checked the other modes apart from 'Bright' to see if more colours become available to select from?

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

Yes I've clicked on every mode and tried to press and hold  the combination mode and it doesn't bring up any other options.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @LCairns rest assured @MitchellMc is following this one through until we have a resolution or a solid answer.

Apologies it isn't as it said and as I sold you so far but we will sort something out. But I am glad you jumped straight on here to ask.

Carl 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects