Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hamptons fretwork

emmajames
Cultivating a Following

Hamptons fretwork

6E0C7CA2-74B3-41AB-A121-1C80CB09AC55.jpeg

A07A23DD-10FA-4A6D-8E48-2B4A862475DC.jpeg

DE588AD9-5499-42A3-9889-D6A65EA14724.jpeg

You can change the look and feel of your home by adding details like fret work. Interior fretwork is used to decorate hallways, window bays, doorways and other open spaces within a home. I love that it creates or re-creates a warm and charming entry to hallways and living rooms. Here we have used it in our entry hallway and the hallways towards the boys rooms. It's even featured in our walk-in robe (not pictured)

alireno
Finding My Feet

Re: Hamptons fretwork

I would really like to do this but the link no longer works! Would you be able to share how you did it please?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @alireno. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about this beautiful project.

Let me mention @emmajames so they are alerted to your question, and hopefully, they can provide some additional details on the project. In the interim, I've put together some renderings that will hopefully give you an idea of how I would construct such a project.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Fret1.pngFret2.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you! This is great!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Glad it was helpful, @alireno!

Have a look at our primed ready for paint LOSP treated timber. It would be perfect for this project.

Sing out if you need a hand.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects