Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with kitchen n rumpus reno

m2ks
Finding My Feet

Help with kitchen n rumpus reno

i would like to get advices and how it would look like the plan i have thought n worked out which we plan to carry out 

planA

Screenshot_20191223-182607_WhatsApp.jpg

plan B

Screenshot_20191223-182531_Photos.jpg

Current floor plan 

Floor plan house.JPG

i m thinking to move kitchen as plan  A  but put the cooktop on the island.

and Master bedroo. as plan B. suugest ur option

alos thinking of black/ datk gray color gor cabinets in the kitchen with white marble shade bendtop as flooring i am thinking of spotted gum  floorimg. as below. 

20191227_132900.jpg

feel free to provide your option and suggestion.. not.thinking of any other changes at this stage at the house except mention but happy get advices

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: help with kitchen n rumpus reno

I vote plan B! But I suggest removing the dividing wall between the kitchen and living room. Remove the double door entry into the living room and make it a solid wall. Removing the dividing wall gives that area a nice open feel and makes it feel like a big room. The center of gathering is at the kitchen and it allows you to keep an eye on your guests or kids while they hang out in the living room. Removing the double door entry into the living room and turning it in to a solid wall provides extra sound proofing to rooms 2,3 and 4. It should lessen the sound coming from the living room. Good luck!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop and apologies for the slow reply @m2ks

This looks like a fantastic renovation project that will really transform your home. @redracer01 has provided some fantastic advice as always. I trust other members will provide further feedback - we have clever and creative members sharing advice and inspiration on the site every day. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@redracer01 

thanks for.your advices. just to clearify you suggested to remove wall between living and dinning/kitchen. i did t get the part where u say to remove double door from living and put the wall. as thats the entrance to the living

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects