Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with metal coffee table fix

riessy
Just Starting Out

Help with metal coffee table fix

9F829522-1828-4781-A88E-2EC466B4DA97.jpeg

Hi all,

I am hoping someone might be able to help with ideas on how to fix a pressed metal coffee table. It has some wear on the top which o am hoping to correct somehow. See pic. 

it is only on the top of the table. 

Razzer
Having an Impact

Re: help with metal coffee table fix

Hi riessy,

That looks like the protective layer coming off, thats what black hot rolled steel comes with from the manufacture. The light silver is the real colour of steel, the grey is just a protective layer that most people sand off. I used to work in the steel industry and thought the same thing when I first started. Which you cant fix it sadly.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @riessy. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Please feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share with other members.

Great to see you get a prompt response from @Razzer. Let me also tag @Brad, @Rusty-Saw and @r23on to see if they might like to share their thoughts.

Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or ever have feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

you could make this work for you, grab some rust paint give it a coat or some brick cleaning acid give it a wipe to bring on the rust and put a glass top on to giving it a bit of patina

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects