Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Home office update with VJ panelling

Taysha
Building a Reputation

Home office update with VJ panelling

DEBBF317-D04C-4F30-A708-8B40AC3B4E22.jpeg

Update to Home Office that seconds as my library. VJ Paneling, Project Boards, Shelving Brackets, Paint and Hardware all from Bunnings. Very happy with the result.

674D4E88-E6CE-4684-9FDE-1AD844E51895.jpeg

99A4FED5-0918-42A4-A665-3BF83E17FFAC.jpeg

  

6DDD72C5-F5F8-48B3-AA29-3DDF41605BE5.jpeg

7DCD4CA6-9DD6-4D0D-9AF9-4473C20B3D30.jpeg

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Home office update with VJ panelling

Hello Taysha ...and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Your project looks very beautiful and a very clever idea..

I'm sure many people would like to know more about it..

We wish you every success with your entry..

@Prof..

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Taysha. It's awesome to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this excellent project.

To think, only a few years ago, we were all painting feature walls in red suede effect. I really wish we'd skipped that trend and gone straight to panelling and earthly tones. What you've created looks just fab! Such an incredible space to work within.

Would you be able to give our members interested in creating their own VJ panelling feature wall a quick rundown on how you installed it? I trust they would be excited to hear about your steps to complete this work.

Many thanks for sharing, and I look forward to your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Taysha
Building a Reputation

Hey Mitchell,

I am also glad we are past that stage of feature walls.

We started with 3 1200x2420 VJ panel's, that were cut down to size and fixed to the wall (directly in the studs behind that were marked out prior).

Once hung, we were able to tape up the wall, and start painting (tip: make sure you have some light sandpaper to run between the groves of the VJ as it is a bit rough and will give you a nicer finish when painting). We used Dulux Dinosaur.

Both the Desktop and Shelves were made from the "Beech Laminated Panel" from Bunnings. One full and one cut down to make the shelves. The brackets are also from Bunnings and were again, directly to the studs.

Very happy with the outcome and are lookign at hanging more shelves on the other side of the room eventually to watch the ones in this picture for more storage space.

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Great study area @Taysha , I especially like your lamp in the top corner. We have LED strips across our shelves and they add a bit of fun. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects