Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

House Makeover

Sarahmonies
Just Starting Out

House Makeover

Doing up our investment house for sale and have been painting everything that doesn't move!!!

Doing kitchen with laminate paint but seen the Rust Oleum products. Thinking to use for benchtops instead of just laminate paint. Your thoughts - looking at Diamond Black or the Charcoal, base is already dark and tiles white and black...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: House Makeover

Thanks for posting @Sarahmonies. Sounds like a terrific project. It would be great to see some photos of what you have done.

I trust that some of our resident paint experts like @Simon will be able to assist you. 

Thanks also for joining us here in the Workshop community. I'm sure you'll find lots of valuable information, inspiration and advice, and I hope you have some fun, too! There's certainly plenty of like-minded renovators in the community. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Is this what you are looking at - https://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-charcoal-countertop-transformation-kit_p1370053

This might be helpful:

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@Sarahmonies

Since you are selling, could I please just offer 2 bits of advice.  Don't paint in colours you like, however paint in colours that will attract a broader range of buyers.  Before buying our current house, I remember vividly a house that was painted a pastel pink throughout.  Put us off straight away.  

Second, spend a bit on the landscaping (cleaning out/pruning etc).  You will be surprised on how much more you can get if this aspect looks good.

Cheers

Daryl

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Excellent advice from @darylhewston. Definitely keep it simple - you can't go wrong with a predominately white colour scheme. Be great to see some photos of what you have done so far. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @Sarahmonies,

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading photos here on Workshop so that the community can see more of your project. Happy to help.

Jason

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Sarahmonies

Have you thought about replacing the benchtop instead? These bamboo benchtops are reasonably priced - https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/kitchen/benchtops/timber

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sarahmonies,

Hope all is well.

Just wondering how you are going with your renovation project. Have you tackled the kitchen benchtops as yet?

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects