Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I get a black plastic mark off my wall.?

McT
Just Starting Out

How can I get a black plastic mark off my wall.?

the mark was made by the back of a desk chair scraping against the wall

I have tried the usual cleaners and Iso propyl alcohol

Any tips please

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I get a black plastic mark off my wall.?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @McT. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I'm sure some photos of the mark would assist our member in giving some great responses. Sometimes marks on walls, especially those created by scraping the paint, just can't be removed from the surface. They've essentially embedded themselves into the paint. If that is the case repainting the area it the best option. If you take a sample of your paint into a Bunnings store then a team member can colour match it for you and create a sample pot of paint for the repair.

You might like to read the previous discussions- Tips to remove wall mark by @Robin and Imperfections on Wall by @nagumuthu for some ideas. I've found these magic wall eraser products quite effective at removing stubborn marks.

We look forward to seeing some photos of the marks and providing a solution to the issue.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects