Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I view the power consumption for Deta Smart GPO?

Ask_Itee
Growing in Experience

How do I view the power consumption for Deta Smart GPO?

A few months ago I purchased a Deta Dual GPO Smart Switch.  One of the best features is the ability to view realtime energy consumption.

I bought more today and the new one when paired does not show the energy consumption, the old one still does.

I cant find the in the App where to view this data for the newer devices.  Can you assist

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I view the power consumption for Deta Smart GPO

Hello @Ask_Itee

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about the Deta Smart GPO.

Was it the Deta Grid Connect Smart Double Touch Power Point or the Deta Grid Connect Smart Double Touch Power Point With Dual USB? There was a previous post - How to Show Energy Monitoring on Grid Connect. However, it was referring to the Arlec Grid Connect Smart Plug-In Socket With Energy Meter

I will have to speak to our provider on Monday about the app and if the new GPO's still have that feature. As soon as I have more information, I will get back to you.

Let me tag my colleague @MitchellMc as he has experience with the Grid app.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ask_Itee
Growing in Experience

The 1st was the Double GPO Smart Switch w/USB, the latter Double GPO Smart Switch.

I do hope the feature is there, if not am I able to get a refund at store as its the main reason for choosing the product.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Ask_Itee,

I would expect the same item minus the USB would perform the same and have the feature. We'll check with the supplier on Monday, and if it doesn't, I'll be happy to facilitate a return on the item.

Mitchell 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Ask_Itee,

I've confirmed that the Deta Grid Connect Smart Double Touch Power Point does not have the ability for real-time energy consumption monitoring. 

I'll reach out via PM for some additional details so I can assist with swapping it over for a Deta Grid Connect Smart Double Touch Power Point With Dual USB.

Mitchell

Ask_Itee
Growing in Experience

Is it something they are likely to address via a firmware update instead? If the hardware inside the GPO's is the same (bar the 5V supply and usb ports) are they able to address via firmware?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Ask_Itee,

Unfortunately, the standard GPO does not have the chipset required for real-time energy monitoring, so it's not a feature they could enable via a firmware update.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects