Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i change this lightbulb?

ashhills
Just Starting Out

How do i change this lightbulb?

image.jpg

hey need some help idk how to change this bulb inside this fan/light…. I tried screwing anticlockwise this glasss thingy didn’t move so I can change the lightbulb… I’m currently using my phone touch at night 😂 please help!! 

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: How do i change this lightbulb?

It looks similar to one of ours, one has tiny screws 3 near top of glass in metal at bottom of fan (loosen off one and it will drop out) the other one is just a spring fit carefully grab glass and pull down on one side. JDE

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i change this lightbulb?

Hello @ashhills

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about changing the lightbulb in your ceiling fan.

It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @JDE. I totally agree with the recommendations. If there are no holding screws, the glass cover is held in by three steel strips. In order to remove the glass cover, you need to firmly hold on to the glass with both hands and firmly tilt/pull the cover down. Once one of the strips is free it should be easy to remove the cover from the other two. 

I recommend bringing the bulb with you and replacing it with an equivalent LED Light Bulb. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the assembly once the cover has been removed? This would show others how this particular repair is accomplished.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects