Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to Show Energy Monitoring on Grid Connect?

Ade
Finding My Feet

How to Show Energy Monitoring on Grid Connect?

Hey Gang,

I am very much enjoying the Grid Connect System and have dabbled into some of the items.

One of the things I was really interested in was the energy monitoring. Is this something that the Grid Connect system is able to do? Is this just a software (iOS/Andriod) update or does this actually require updated hardware?

Any advice or clarification would be excellent!

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to Show Energy Monitoring on Grid Connect?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ade. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

When you say you are interested in energy monitoring would that be the amount your individual grid connect compatible products are consuming or are you wanting to know if the app is compatible with the smart meter on your home?

There is the Arlec Grid Connect Smart Plug In Socket With Energy Meter which is compatible with the grid connect app and allows you to measure the energy use of your connected device. I do not believe the app offers the ability to monitor the energy consumption of all items connected to it. You would need to plug each device into a smart plug and that is what will report the energy usage back to the app.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to Show Energy Monitoring on Grid Connect?

Hi there @MitchellMc ,

Thank you for your message. These would hit the spot exactly! Thanks for that.

We had recently gone into the inline (in-wall) versions of the product with an electrician for a few GPO's. Energy monitoring capabilities would have been ideal at the time.

These have the on/off part keeping the original client GPO's but did not have the monitoring feature embedded.

I will speak with the customer and confirm whether they are OK with the different style smart GPO's..

Many thanks in advance @MitchellMc !

Kind regards,

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects