Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to do transitions for Floor select Tarragonna walnut laminate floor?

Caitlin
Just Starting Out

How to do transitions for Floor select Tarragonna walnut laminate floor?

Hi,

We are going to be installing Floor select Tarragonna walnut laminate flooring (as pictured). First time ever installing flooring ourselves and are looking for some pointers as to what we use for the transitions. We have multiple transitions leading into different rooms with other rooms being tiles and one carpet. What product is best to use for the transitions in these spots. I have looked and cant seem to find an exact orresponding product to the flooring we have purchased. Also what would we use where the flooring meets the back sliding door?

Sorry for sounding clueless but just want to make sure we follow the correct process

Screenshot_20240524_111502_Chrome.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to do transitions for Floor select Tarragonna walnut laminate floor?

Hello @Caitlin 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about floor transitions.

There are two brands that provide transition strips QEP and Roberts. When your laminate flooring meets up with a tiles or solid surface on the same level, I often suggest using QEP 25mm x 1m Transition Cover Trim. But if your laminate flooring meets up with carpet or another type flooring on a different level, I recommend Roberts 1.65m Silver Junior Ramp Floating Floor Trim.

That's basically the guide you'll need when doing transitions in your flooring. There are other types such as the Roberts 1.65m x 8mm Bronze Floating Floor Perimeter Trim. This trim provides a clean edge finish to your flooring in case neither of the transition strips are suitable. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects