Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill these holes before painting?

KevinPlant
Growing in Experience

How to fill these holes before painting?

Anyone knows what Kinds of filler can I use to fill those holes before painting? Thanks.

IMG_5224.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

Bomber25
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to fill these holes before painting?

I would say you have two options:

1. Cut a small piece of wood to fit as best you can, glue it into the slot. Tape will hold it in while the glue dries and then use a wood filler and sand it back.

2. For larger gaps you can use a product like builders bog https://www.bunnings.com.au/turbo-175ml-builders-bog-flexipack_p1670144?store=6431&gbraid=0AAAAADtbE...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill these holes before painting?

Hi @KevinPlant 

Thanks for sharing your question about filling the holes in your timber frame before painting. It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Bomber25. I totally agree with the recommendations of using a thin piece of timber and gluing it to the gaps that are deeper before you apply UNi-PRO 500g Multi Purpose Interior Filler. Using Turbo 175ml Builders Bog Flexipack is also an excellent option to fill in the deep gaps.

My number one tip when using Builders Bog is to make sure not to add too much activator. Excessive use of the activator will immediately harden the bog giving you no time to adjust and flatten the fill. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to patch plaster (the techniques used are applicable to your project)

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects