Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Orion door bell issue? Failed to establish encrypted channel

Cheepy
Finding My Feet

How to fix Orion door bell issue? Failed to establish encrypted channel

Bought the security door bell on a recommedation, nothing  but trouble had to be reset 3 times to initiate - now getting a message "failed to establish the encrypted channel" ...please can someone help I feel like I have bought a lemon 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Orion door bell issue

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cheepy. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about using an Orion doorbell.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the product. The message "Failed to establish the encrypted channel" means that the video feed is unable to reach your phone. So, it's likely that the connection between the doorbell and your router is poor or the one between your phone and the router is poor. To determine which is the cause, you can switch your phone to mobile data and try again or move the doorbell closer to the router. If you achieve connection after moving the doorbell closer to the router, you'll need to install a wifi extender to ensure the doorbell has full wifi coverage.

If you move the doorbell close to the router as well as turn on mobile data and you still can't establish a connection, then the product could be faulty, and I would advise returning it to the store to be swapped.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell ..... I will try that I have been on mobile data same issue unfortunately 

Hi Mitchell 

Tried everything unfortuantely didnt work on either of our phones so I guess we will have to return for a refund ...I think its faulty 

Is there anything we need to do when we return it ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

There's nothing you need to do when you return it @Cheepy. Just take it to the Service Desk at your nearest store with your proof of purchase and they can either swap it or refund it for you.

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects