Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install new roller blinds?

JakeP88
Finding My Feet

How to install new roller blinds?

Hi everyone.

I’ve recently bought some new riva roller blinds and while I’m waiting for them to be delivered I thought I’d check how to install them. I’ve recently moved into my own place so haven’t done much in the way of DIY before.

My apartment seems to be brick walls and my windows don’t have any timber window frames. I used a stud finder on the area around the window and it says it detects metal. I’m assuming that’s a steel frame to hold the brick.

I have a hammer drill so if someone could tell me the correct drill bit etc I’ll need to install these blinds that would be really appreciated.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install new roller blinds?

Hello @JakeP88

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about how to install new roller blinds.

Congratulations on getting your own place! I'm sure you're excited to be doing this first project in your house. Since you've indicated that you have a brick wall, I suggest using a Masonry Drill Bit. The correct size can be determined once you have the roller blind fitting in your possession. I recommend using the STAHL Masonry Kit 8mm Drill With 50mm Blue Wall Plugs as it is a complete kit. This is on the condition that the screw fits into the roller blinds brackets.

It sounds like a fantastic project for your new place. Any photo updates you can provide while installing the roller blind would be much appreciated. If you are planning on any other projects in the house please don't hesitate to post. I'm sure our members will be more than happy to provide advice and information should you need it.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to install masonry fixings

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your roller blind installed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects