Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint skirting board

caseydoust93
Just Starting Out

How to paint skirting board

hi there just a question how to paint a  skirting board without getting any paint on it

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to paint skirting board

Hi @caseydoust93,

Can you please clarify your question for us? Do you mean how do you paint a skirting board without getting paint on the wall and/or floor?

You might like to start with the excellent guide How to paint like a professional by Workshop member @Peggers. How to paint trims on the Bunnings site should also be helpful. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint skirting board

Hi @caseydoust93,

I apologise for the delay in my reply. If you wanted to know how to paint skirting boards without getting paint on your floor or wall I would highly suggest using the UNi-PRO 600mm Steel Edged Trim Guide.

You simply place the straight edge in between the floor, carpet or wall and the skirting board and paint the section. Keep a rag with you and every time you move to a new section wipe the straight edge off from the residual paint. This product is super handy when you have plush carpet as it allows you to push it down and out of the way.

Alternatively, if you don't have carpet you can use masking tape on the adjacent surfaces to the skirting board protecting them. 

Please let me know if you need further advice or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects