Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove glass sliding door lock?

quynhpham55
Growing in Experience

How to remove glass sliding door lock?

Hi, I would like to know how to remove a glass sliding door lock which I cannot see any screws around it. To lock and unlock simply moving the handle up and down. I would like to remove it since there is no key.

glass_door_lock.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Remove glass sliding door lock

Hi @quynhpham55,

My first guess would be that the screws are hidden under these caps. Take a flat head screwdriver and try to prize the caps off. If they're not caps, let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi, I have a look at that cover, when I open the cover I can see a screw there, but when I move the handle from open to close position then that screw is also moving. I am a bit scared to un-screw it.

@quynhpham55,

Are the screws moving (attached to the handle), or is the handle sliding over them and obstructing your view?

Mitchell

I am not sure. when I move the handle then the screw is also moved.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Those two covers and screws locations are classic for those that hold a patio door lock together @quynhpham55. In the absence of any other screws or covers that you could pry open, I'd say they are the one's you're looking for.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects