Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a broken Lockwood spindle?

ellis
Growing in Experience

How to replace a broken Lockwood spindle?

How or where can I locate a replacement spindle/connector for a Lockwood doorlock assembly? I35D07E0A-4044-4B69-A831-4428FE33873F.jpege enclosed photos which hopefully clarifies the situation Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers Ellis.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Broken lock spindle

Hello @ellis

Thank you for sharing your question about your broken lock spindle. I suggest bringing your broken spindle to the store and comparing it to the following products to see if they are compatible. The generic replacement spindles are the Ikonic 70mm Yellow Zinc Square Spindle and the Adoored 110mm Lever Latch Spindle.

However, if neither of those two fit, I recommend going to your store's special orders desk and asking them if they can source the Lockwood spindle that you have. They can send an email to Lockwood and find out if that type of spindle is still available. The last option of course is to replace the entire set with a new Lockwood door handle assembly.

If you have any more questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ellis
Growing in Experience

Re: Broken lock spindle

Hi Eric 

Thanks for the quick reply i will try Bunnings tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects