Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

@Adam_W
Welcome to the forum...Unfortunately non-compliance is a major issue for the Battlers & Punters building and constantly in the headlines every day.
LOL...Sounds like they are debating your design/build?
In the words of Chris Rock
"There's Maths & Everything else is debatable"
Please call out if you need a (virtual) hand

Hey @BIM_Engineer

Our Council (Sunshine Coast in Qld) has a bee in their bonnets at the moment about dispersal zones of biocycle systems so they are dragging the chain over that.
Not helped by our certifier, who we only came to through our designer, assuming that we wouldn't need to worry too much about it...
Left us starting on the back foot.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Adam_W
Mate, I know what it's like,
When you get stuck with a Master Debater
"Logic without math & proofs just don't cut it (red tape)...."
Goodluck!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join the Workshop community @Adam_W. It sounds like you're a talented all-rounder and I look forward to you joining in both D.I.Y. and gardening discussions. Welcome.

All the very best with your big project. Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button any time you need a hand or would just like to share what you've been up to. 

Jason

Thanks @Jason, looking forward to learning & sharing!

@Adam_W,

We're in Vic and have been building our forever home for 10 years now. We have never had an issue with the council  and I mean by that, that they have never contacted us in any way in relation to the building process in that whole 10 years, except for checking on the septic system earlier this year as we are rural but otherwise, we have a private building inspector, something that the councils did a very long time ago privatising the process, hence we only have to answer to the inspector and he really only does three checks, foundations, frame and lockup and then a final certificate of occupancy at the end.

For us, the only financial setback has been the permit renewal, some $2500 every two years as most people aren't building for 10 years, so that's our problem and something we couldn't change, as we are only building with savings but we think we're on the homewood stretch now and expect to be finally finished by mid 2018 before another renewal, phew!!

I hope things will settle down for you with the council and their respective issues, so you can make a start on your building and look forward to update photo's if possible.

Cheers,

Barbara

Col_at_Home
Just Starting Out

Hi Community,

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, but master of none. I like to grow veggies, and play with timber. I'm looking forward to learning from community posts. Finally in answer to Jason's question, I call it the second best reason, for visiting my favourite toy store.

Col

aka

ATK-35

Welcome to Workshop Col (@Col_at_Home). It's wonderful to have you join us. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are growing and making. Feel free to share on the gallery or the discussion boards anytime.

If you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, please sing out. I'm always happy to help. And I'm sure you'll also find that community members are always happy to share tips, advice or inspiration for your projects. 

Jason

LadyLover62
Getting Established

Hi my name is Linda & I live in Perth Western Australia.

I joined workshop because I enjoy seeing peoples

Individual creativities. 

I haven't got any projects underway as yet, but

Im hoping to get some inspiration from your members.

Thank you for accepting me into the group and I look

forward to following 

Linda

Thanks for introducing yourself Linda (@LadyLover62) and a very warm welcome to Workshop. I'm sure you will find plenty of inspiration as you browse community member posts. We certainly have many creative members. Make sure you check out the gallery as a starting point.  

Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects