Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
stupidfish
Building a Reputation

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Happy to be a part of this amazing community and looking forward to sharing some great ideas.

As a relative newbie to DIY, any suggestions for small projects to start with?

What problem would you like to solve in your home/garden?

@stupidfish

A very warm welcome to Workshop.

Feel free to start a new discussion - I'm sure there are plenty of other D.I.Y. newbies who would also be keen for some tips on where to start. Perhaps share some of your interests or jobs around the house and garden that need some attention?

Jason

Visharad
Building a Reputation

G'day everybody.

I'd like to start off by saying that I am excited and honored to be part of this community.

My name is Visharad and I've been passionate maker and DIY aficionado for the longest time.

The earliest build I remember was a cardboard box robot (it was awesome!) when I was 3 and my latest was a raised bed for perennial plants last month (I dream of a food garden). I've also built many a computer in that period.

Regards,

Visharad

p.s- I'm going to go with a 'DIY breaded sozzy' @Jason. Yes, that is my final answer. :cheeky:

DEANJA
Finding My Feet

Hi Guys and Gals, looking forward to learning a lot through this community and hopefully being able to make helpful contributions on occassions....

Signature.gif

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

A very warm welcome @DEANJA.

Great to have you onboard.

Jason

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Hi everyone,

My name's Isobel and my favourite ice cream flavour is chocolate. Is there any other flavour?

I like also like gardening and love to get tips and tricks. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Isobel.

Chocolate and gardening. I think you'll find plenty of like-minded people around here!

Jason

KMcCormack
Finding My Feet

Hey!

My name is Krystal and I am part way through completely renovating my first home.

18 months ago I had enough of the 70s style tiny kitchen and took to it with a sledgehammer!! This was the beginning of one of the best decisions of my life...

So far I have renovated the kitchen, removed walls to create open plan living, removed external walls to install bi-fold doors to bring the outside in, ripped up and relayed floorboards and am now part way through renovating the laundry.

It may sound like I am almost done but there is still so much more I am wanting to improve in this house. Once the laundry is finished I need to decide which area I want to tackle next, currently tossing up between:

1) Pergola area - Need to rebuild as the Aussie weather has not been to kind to it

2) Landscape - Including a Merbau screen to create a larger backyard (I am on a corner block and majority of my land is currently front yard)

3) Bedrooms - Large rooms but limited storage available and in need of a refresh

4) Bathroom - Although I refreshed this about 6 years ago it was the first area I ever renovated and it shows! I have grand plans of a wetroom type layout and incorporating natural stone, render and blackbutt timber!!

I am looking forward to using this community for advice and tips, but also to be able to get an insight into what others are doing to their homes. 

Oh and it is most definitely a snag @Jason!! 

Cheers,

Krystal

Hi Krystal (@KMcCormack)

Lovely to have you as part of this community.

It sounds like you've undertaken a massive project, but I'm sure all the hard work will be well worth it. 

When you have some time it would be great if you could start a new topic on the Interiors board and share some before and after pictures a little like this great post from @cupofchloe. I'm sure the community could really benefit from your experiences. And hopefully help with some advice about what to tackle next...

Jason 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects