Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rickevans
Just Starting Out

Rick Evans

Hi, moving to Yarrawonga, next week, been working as a sole trader for the pass 17 years in gardening and rubbish removal.  Thank you

Re: Rick Evans

Welcome to Workshop @rickevans and thanks for introducing yourself. Good luck with the move next week. Yarrawonga is a beautiful spot. 

We hope you find plenty of useful information and inspiration for your projects on Workshop. And with all your gardening experience, I'm sure you have lots of knowledge you can share with others. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

kel
Making a Splash

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

hi i'm judy,we bought a house 8 years ago and since then,it has been project after project.years ago at school i did 6 months of woodwork( hated it) and 2 1/2 years of metalwork,which i enjoyed,now i am enjoying doing both.some of the projects done so far are:workbench complete with 3 draws ,under bench storage and doors and a woodworking vice and bench grinder.
enclosed the carport and turned it into a gamesroom complete with a bar .
entertainment unit complete with draws for cds dvd records,subwoofer turntable etc.
4 two seater lounges,9 made the cushion seats and backs from foam mattresses and made the covers for curtains from op shop.(i did 6 months of sewing at school too,hated that too)
3x vertical gardens ,numerous garden bed boxs.
laid a deck to put my 6mx3m workshed on and erected the shed
put in a watering system and a misting system
built in the gas bbq and built a firepit with bbq and spit
couple of bench seats
3 garden gates
2 side tables
about 6 cupboards
wooden frames for my partners' canvas paintings
dog beds
2 pergolas,both metal frames,so had to brush up on my welding skills
put in a storm water drain
plumbed in a pressure pump
enclosed one end of the verrander, installed sliding windows which were all self made
these are the type of things that i have tackled ,it is all a learning curb but i will give anything a go,and keep at it until it works.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, that's a really impressive list of projects Judy (@kel). It would be great if you could share some photos of what you have done. I'm sure other community members would be inspired and learn a lot from your work.

For example, you might like to share your bar and games room setup with @foryauto, who recently built a "man cave" and is looking for ideas for a bar. I'd also personally be interested in seeing your entertainment unit, as I am thinking about doing something similar for our games room

Thanks again for introducing yourself and for joining Workshop. It's fantastic to have you as part of the community. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects soon. 

Jason

Parks
Growing in Experience

Hi Everyone!

I'm Parks from Sydney.

I'm a keen DIYer, and ever since I moved out of home & got a bit of space, I've been tackling small projects here & there - from repurposing a bookshelf into a pet mice paradise, to recycling an old dining table, to a custom sized wine display.  My latest was a mini project, making coasters from a fallen branch. I'll post some of these into the gallery soon!

I'd love to learn new skills & get new ideas... especially as we're starting a knockdown-rebuild project in the next couple of months. We're engaging a builder to do the main construction, but considering doing the landscaping ourselves, so will need design ideas as well as tips on building retaining walls!

As for ice-cream flavours, nothing beats choc-hazelnut!  My fav wkend quick-feed is at the Bunnings sausage sizzle! It's like a grown-up equivalent of Toys-R-Us, with an aroma of sizzling pork goodness!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Parks,

Many thanks for introducing yourself. It's fantastic to have you join the community. I'm sure that you will find lots of great ideas and learn heaps from Workshop community member posts. Our members are a very creative and clever mob! 

It sounds like you've also got plenty of skills and experience to share. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your projects and reading more about your plans for your rebuild. It sounds like a very exciting project. You might like to begin by hitting the Start a Discussion button and sharing your new house plans. You could also start a new discussion about your landscaping ideas. I'm sure members will have some suggestions for you. It would also be great to see some of your creations on the gallery.

Thanks again,

Jason 

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Parks
You will find Panel & Post Retaining Wall  Details 

Also if you require other info on retaining systems, comparisons, Data, Costs and Proofs,etc

As @Jason suggested start a post, put up some photos,rough sketches, solutions can easily be customized to your needs. Cheers

Parks
Growing in Experience

Thanks! @BIM_Engineer

That's a very helpful post!  (no pun intended) :laugh:

I'm sure I'll refer to it once I figure out and draft up my landscaping design.

I'll wait till my DA is approved first, so I'll know exactly what dimensions I'll be dealing with.

MikeBenstead
Growing in Experience

Hi I'm Mike and I'm a work-a-holic.

My parter, Sue, and I recently bought an old house that we have just starting renovating throughout.

You can read more at:-
https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Interiors/Renovation-90-year-old-double-brick-country-home-in-Welling...

Welcome to Workshop @MikeBenstead, and thanks for introducing yourself. I'm really looking forward to reading about your renovation adventure and seeing how it progresses. Thanks for sharing it with the community.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects