Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hey again Josh (@joshrowe1), many thanks for introducing yourself. I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded people here in the Workshop community. I'm also really looking forward to seeing some of your work. Perhaps you'd like to share some images on the Gallery, or start a new discussion about one of your recent projects. 

Welcome aboard and hope to see more of your posts soon.

Jason

Pamela
Finding My Feet

Pamela

Hi I'm Pamela, ive just joined & am new at this chat thing. First time for everything I suppose. I have completed a few projects in the house & garden. Not sure about the skills level but they work for me. I think this site will b great for other peoples ideas that may have already finished a similar project. I started doing the projects myself because I live in a remote community & couldnt find a tradey even if I wanted to. Luckely I have a son that comes to see me often & helps with the heavier work. At the moment im revamping my kitchen. Its been a long renovation, but can see an end in site. I have build a wardrbe in my bedroom & will post some before & after photos ( when I figure out how haha) & my need some advice later on how to put in doors to finish it. Well thats all for now. I would call it a single wrap snag.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pamela

Welcome to Workshop @Pamela. Many thanks for introducing yourself. It's fantastic to have you as a member of the community. 

I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects, particularly your kitchen renovation. If you've got any progress shots you could share I would encourage you to post them. The Workshop community will love seeing them, and could provide some advice and ideas for anything you are struggling with. It would also be great to see some shots of your wadrobe project. Just click on the Insert/edit image icon above the text editor. It is a picture of a portrait.

Please let us know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

G'day all, my name's John, I'm 65y/o, have a gorgeous wife of almost 43 years, & love life.
I'm resourceful, a compulsve tinkerer, fixer upper, & have extreme patience to eventually nut things out. Only problem, is that I forget how I did something last time, & have to start afresh on thinking it through again. No big deal, it's how it is, & I always get there.
We have 2 darling Shelties & over time we've had 4, all of them have been the best money we've ever spent, & life is good.
I'm a keen, & successful gardener, though I have no training in the field, my learning has come from observing & applying the 3 rules of light, air, & the source food uptake.
Best wishes
My nearest Bunnings store is Woodville, though I'm an eBay, Evans & Clark, & Gumtree junkie.
Hummingbird
Getting Established

Hi Community!!

I love gardening but don't pocess a green thumb.
I recently bought my first home and it has an awesome amount of native plants. Current project is rearranging the raised garden beds (white ants have been found). I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully I can repay you the same.

As for the snag and bread...snag wrap.
Cheers :smile:
RodAndo
Having an Impact

Hi everyone,

Firstly thanks for setting up this site, I look forward to seeing lots of the great projects people are undertaking.

My name is Rod and when time allows I do a lot of "projects" with recycled timber. In particular I like to work with hardwood floorboards as well as framing.
Some of my projects include: planter boxes, shadow boxes, wall art and word art.

At home we are currently extending a late 1950's brick veneer house and while we have a builder doing the construction I'll be doing a lot of the interior fitout.

@Andy_Mann,

Many thanks for introducing yourself. Thanks also for jumping in and joining the conversation so enthusiastically. It's great to see you have made so many posts already. I can imagine that you tackle your D.I.Y. and gardening projects with just as much gusto. Looking forward to seeing some of your handiwork.

Jason 

Hi @Hummingbird

Welcome to Workshop. I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded people around here, as well as plenty of community members you can learn from. Many thanks for joining the community. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RodAndo

Many thanks for introducing yourself and a very warm welcome to Workshop. I hope you find the site to be informative, inspirational and plenty of fun. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your projects. It would be great if you could show some of your handiwork on the gallery. Let me know if you need a hand uploading photos.

The community would also be keen to see the work in progress at your home. I personally love 50s houses and have one myself. They usually have great bones to work with. Please post again soon.

Jason

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Hi Guys,
I got hooked on wood working several years ago leading up to retirement, I have no formal qualification, just a couple of years as a subject in High School many years ago and learning from YouTube videos and other wood worker web sites.
I have (am accumulating) accumulated a shed full of tools/machines now which makes accomplishing projects far easier having access to the right equipment.
I look forward to seeing what others here have made here or tips on how they made things and will post a few of my projects as well.
This is a great iniative from the guys at Bunnings.

Wood Working with Wayne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects