Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

@Baretta11, sure us Workshoppers are enthusiastic, but you & hubby are producing the goods.

Thanks for getting a laugh from our Customs experience, I pride myself on spinning the funny side of things, there's nothing gained from negativity.

The UV system's on hold at the moment, as it won't be needed for quite a few months, & I've more pressing things to iron out. ; )

Baretta11
Super Contributor

Welcome Natasha,

I'm also no genius but like you, willing to give anything a go.

So what part of Australia do you call home?

Cheers,

Barbara

Natasha

Hi @Baretta11 I call NSW home. Couldnt be happier with where we are at this point in our lives!

Where do you call home?

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baretta11
Super Contributor

Hi Natasha,

I live in Victoria in a small town called Birregurra and I too love living here and often mention to people who might ask "where do I go for a holiday" I say I'm already there!!

Cheers,

Barbara

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Natasha & @Baretta11, though we live in different states, I'm with you both in that we're happy with where we are in life, & our home is our holiday destination of choice.

Oh, & welcome to the Workshop family Natasha. : )

Dola
Budding Browser

Hi Everyone,

My name is Donna. I'm saving to buy my very first home and have some projects I'm about to start, some bits I'd love to tackle and some projects I will never attempt but love reading about.

My first attempt is pretty basic - I'm stripping old paint from a dining set and repainting. I've sanded one chair but it took forever. Any tips on how to remove old paint faster is very much welcomed.

I'm hoping to go from novice to knocking down walls over the next year (eek). Already love seeing your transformations on this site and can't wait to have my very first to show.

Donna.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Donna (@Dola),

Let me extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining us and for introducing yourself to the community. It's great to have you as a member. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. 

I would encourage you to start a new discussion in the Interiors board asking for advice on stripping back the paint from the dining set. Specific questions on this epic welcome thread can get a little bit lost, but we have some resident paint experts who I'm sure would be happy to assist if you posted your question prominently as a new discussion. If you've got some photos of the dining set, that might help too.    

All the very best with saving for your first home - that's certainly a fantastic goal. 

Jason

simon_c
New Contributor

Hey all!

My name is Simon, I've always been a key DIYer regardless of the context (home, car, life). Been getting more into home DIY since I've been looking at buying my first home (very good to understand what serious jobs entail etc. :wink:

Looking forward to owning my own canvas so I can seriously get my hands dirty in my spare (!) time :smile:

Cheers,

Simon

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @simon_c. It's great to have you join us.

Buying a new home is certainly an exciting project. Feel free to post about any houses you are looking at. I know community members like @Isobel have posted to get feedback about potential properties in the past. I'm sure you will receive plenty of helpful information, inspiration and advice from Workshop members. 

Thanks again for joining and for introducing yourself.

Jason

Baretta11
Super Contributor

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forum!!

Look forward to getting finished pictures of your current project.

I couldn't think of anything more difficult than a chair, you've picked a pretty difficult project but if you succeed, nothing will seem difficult again ha-ha

Cheers,

Barbara

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects