Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Hay
Building a Reputation

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Community!

I'm Hayley. My partner and I have bought our first home this year and so I can finally live the DIY dream!
I enjoy balcony gardening, furniture restoration and renovating. My dad is a carpenter/builder so I'm very lucky to have access to good tools and a clever and patient teacher.
We installed a floating floor this year and put synthetic turf on our balcony. We've also painted, and, just quietly, I am really good at cutting in. :wink:
I'm currently restoring an old Bentwood chair that is very much in need of love. I'm a bit obsessed with Bentwoods.
I'm very keen to share ideas here and see what projects you all are working on!

Happy New Year!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hay,

Many thanks for introducing yourself and congratulations on buying your first home. It must be a very exciting time for you and your partner.

I'm really looking forward to reading about your projects. Please also share photos as much as you can. I'm sure everyone would love to see the chair you are restoring, as well as your painting skills! Maybe you could also tell us what's the best D.I.Y. advice you've received from your Dad.

Welcome to Workshop.

Jason

lleonyta
Growing in Experience

Hi everyone,

My name is Leonyta (Ony). I am not an expert in DIY projects, but I love to make things look pretty and organised.

I am so excited to read topics being posted here, I love to learn new things!

Oh I agree with some people here, sausage on a piece of bread is called "snag".

I don't like sausage in general, I prefer fresh meat / seafood in BBQ.

Cheers,

Ony

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Ony (@lleonyta).

I'm sure you'll learn a lot from Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community.

Jason

Nik
Getting Established

Hey @Jason and Community!

I'm your newest DIYer.... I'm one of those people who walk into bunnings to buy a paint brush and walk out with 5-6 more items than intended, you just can't help yourself when you're walking down the isle's.

I'm not the handiest of fella's but I will give it a crack... If I can't do it... I'll call a friend :wink: 

Look forward in discovering all the good stuff Bunnings has to offer on this community.

Cheers

Nik 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Nik.

Feel free to turn to the Workshop community when you next need a hand rather than phoning a friend...

Jason

Hi all!

My name is Tallie - I'm happy to be here and am utterly hopeless at all things D.I.Y and building so hoping to learn lots from everyone else!

I also believe someone mentioned ice cream. Salted caramel, anyone? (or is that too adventurous?)

Cheers,

Tallie

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tallie (@t-spoon)

Many thanks for joining us. We all have to start somewhere. I'm sure you can learn a lot from the folks here on Workshop.  

Great ice cream choice!

Jason 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me extend a big welcome to some of our latest members of the Workshop community.

@damien3170, @jen_kiely, @VinKris, @ro-novation, @LaurenJoyce, @Jlongano, @boris, @Eagle, @KabirV, @Simon and @Toxicroy.

We hope you find Workshop to be an invaluable resource and look forward to getting to know you and learning about your projects. 

Please introduce yourselves, put your feet up, and make yourselves at home.

Jason

lleonyta
Growing in Experience

Thanks Jason for the warm welcome!

I forgot to mention that my favourite ice cream is durian ice cream, the one that you can find on the street in some South East Asian countries. Very traditional with real durian flesh. Yum!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects