Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to Workshop Tracy (@Poss). Thanks for joining the community.

We own a 50s house and our walls aren't square either. It was a real challenge when it came to installing a new kitchen. But I'm sure your place has heaps of charm and is rock solid. Your plans for improving it sound fantastic. I'm sure the community would love to see some photos and learn more about your plans. You should get some great advice and ideas. Other Workshop members have posted photos or plans like this and this and got some great feedback so I would encourage you to Start a new discussion in the Interiors board

Jason

Janina_G
Having an Impact

GOOD MORNING ALL :smile:  woke up to a rain drenched yard. But sun starting to shine through.   I am in -  I dont know - some place between revamping the kitchen bathroom & toilet in a 1940 house on 3/4 acre partially landscaped and also trying to continue the landscaping.

So I am in a mess.

But it is a challenge and coming along slowly.  Just need to get a little more organised.

Am working the way my parents did without chemicals and poisons and having a lot of fun though not advancing very much....

Today I am out to clear up some of the debris from the winds last night.

So hopefully  will have some time later to have a real good look.

Blessings All

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself @Janina_G. Sounds like a fantastic place! Would love to see some photos when you are able to share. 

A very warm welcome to you. It's great to have you as a member of the Workshop community. I hope you find it to be informative and good fun.

Jason

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

G'day all,

My name is Daryl and we currently reside in WA, south of Perth.  My wife (Deb) and I like to dabble in practically everything DIY.  Deb loves getting into the garden and suggests ideas of what she would like built.  I get dirty building what she likes.  We have completed numerous projects around the house and the list doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  Be it carpentry, welding, planting, painting, tiling, paving or general maintenance, we always have a smile on our face (maybe except the paving).  We look forward to seeing some great advise and ideas.

Hi @darylhewston,

Thanks for joining us. It sounds like you've got some great experience and skills that you can share with the community. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. And I do trust that Workshop will be informative, inspirational and plenty of fun for you.

Welcome. 

Jason

dontisting
Finding My Feet

Hi everone. first things first (sort of), it's a BANGA SANGA!

We've just bought this house and it needs a reasonalbe amount of work but we're in it for the long hall.

I'll have a crack at anything DIY and now that we're in a position as far as time, finances and experience goes we'll be installing a Bunnings kitchen ourselves in the next few weeks.

I will ask if anyone has experience installing kitchens what the time line should look like as far as old one out, services reloacted/connected, new one in. It seems pretty obvious to me so I must be missing something.

rosie
Finding My Feet

Hi all

My name is Rosie after 35 yr marrige l find myself single again l have recently re painted the whole hous the way l wanted it to be kinda a reflection of me, l have re- done the front garden and also finished off my tropical garden out back. Now l am looking to re do my floor boards the cheapest and simple way ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rosie

@dontisting

Good on you for having a crack. I'm looking forward to reading more about the project and seeing some photos. We've had other Workshop members document their projects from start to finish and it's a great way to record your progress as well as get ideas and advice from the community along the way.

A very warm welcome to Workshop. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rosie,

Welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as a member of the community. I hope you find the site to be informative and inspirational. 

It sounds like you have been very busy lately with painting and gardening. I'm sure the community would love to see some photos of your handiwork.

I would also encourage you to start a new discussion on the interiors board with your floor enquiry. Community members would be more than happy to add their suggestions and recommendations. 

Jason

DIYJohn
Growing in Experience

DIYJohn

Hi, Jason my name is John and I work at Bunnings at the weekend as a DIY presenter, the main reason I work there is that I love helping people with there projects. My hobbies are DIY (of course) and electronics, I have a 3D printer and at the moment am building a CNC router. We are also setting up a raised garden bed for vegies, most of our garden are natives. My wife and myself have completely renovated our bathroom and kitchen, both turned out above expectations. But unfortunatly I feel a bit restricted now as I have just had a knee replacement but it is getting better every day.

DIYJohn.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects