Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Joint sealing material

taiyanggaozhao
Finding My Feet

Joint sealing material

there is 0.5-1cm gap between the cement foundation of my wooden frame above.  water sometimes enters. 

can i fill the gap with "Roof Bedding and Pointing"?  thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: joint sealing material

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @taiyanggaozhao. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It would be fantastic if you could provide some images of the gap as it would assist our members in offering some great advice. You could possibly use roof bedding and pointing but I would suggest that Sikaflex 11FC would be a much more suitable alternative. This product is a flexible adhesive and joint sealant which has good adhesion to most materials including wood and cement. Unlike roof bedding and pointing (which is for use with roof tiles), the 11Fc is specifically designed for this purpose.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Michell.

thank you for your reply.  I think Sikaflex 11FC is very good. But I think it is very expensive. it maybe cost $300.

I wonder if I could fill the seam with cement. Then coated with "Bitumen Rubber waterproofing Membrane"

thank you Mitchel

heming

Hi @taiyanggaozhao,

I think that would most likely work with Gripset Betta 1L Waterproofing Membrane Bitumen Rubber painted over cement. My preference would be for you to use a structural grout as the cement.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

it is perfect, thank you Mitchell very much.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects