Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Keyless entry suggestions

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Keyless entry suggestions

As part of the greater plan of a Smart Home for the new house I'm looking for keyless entry on the front door along with the other great features of the Lockwood Z-Wave.

zwave.jpg

Does anyone have one of these or similar? Do you find them reliable? Any in particular you'd recommend?

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
domo
Just Starting Out

Re: Keyless entry feedback/suggestions

We installed the "Lockwood Code Handle Left Handed Keyless Lockset"

about 4 months ago. Absolutely love it. Not obvious that it's a code handle which makes me feel a bit better. It's so tiny that there's no way any passing neighbour could see what I put in. Thought about going for a big display but then thought its much harder to hide the code combination.

Another thing I like about this one; the fact that you can set a master code and about 3 different codes for family/friends/guests which can easily be reprogrammed when they leave. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/lockwood-code-handle-left-handed-keyless-lockset_p4091191

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experiences @domo. And thanks for joining us on Workshop as our newest member. I trust you will find lots of useful information and inspiration for your projects from our community members. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Regarding deliveries....

Australia Post recently unveiled its Receva "smart mailbox". Dubbed a "secure and convenient place" for your home deliveries, it came about from one of the organisation's internal startups and involves placing a physical cabinet-like device outside your home for posties to put goods securely inside.

But there's one big problem: it only accepts parcels from Australia Post or authorised third-party companies who are given the access key, such as couriers who have signed up and paid Australia Post for the privilege for access to the proprietary mailbox.

This is anti-competitive, the owner of an upcoming rival Australian-made product called Chester told Fairfax. When launched next year, Chester will be a Wi-Fi enabled outdoor storage chest that messages you to let you know the time of delivery and weight of a parcel once delivered.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

It looks like Receva and Chester could easily be picked up and the whole unit stolen, not just the contents. Any solution has to be built in. 

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@ProjectPete

Amazon Key doesn't sound like its for me - lots of concerns raised in this article. Particularly around essentially handing over Amazon control of the home. No thanks.  http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/amazon-key-i-let-the-retail-giant-open-my-door-i...

Dennis
Getting Established

Re: Keyless entry suggestions

Hi i have one on my front door,3 years now, it works very well , also mine is hooked up to the internet so i can let some one in if im not home, i change the batteries every christmas.

i will get another for my security cabinet.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Dennis. Can I ask what brand and type of keyless lock you have on the front door? It might help other community members to know what you recommend as this is an increasingly popular subject. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I decided to go for the Igloohome S2 based on some great reviews and a beautiful, sleek aesthetic. Just waiting to receive it in the post. I'll be pairing it with new black hardware on my dounble entry, timber frame doors.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Im using the lockwood Z Wave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects