Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for desk and home office inspiration

Peggers
Becoming a Leader

Looking for desk and home office inspiration

Okay, so my working set-up at home isn't quite as bad as this, but I do need to sort myself out with a decent home office set-up.

I think I thought the whole Working From Home thing would only last a few months - but it's coming up for a year and I still haven't really adjusted beyond the dining table.

Anyone got some good desks they've made, or working set-ups that have been created out of wood? I'm keen to make something myself, but need a bit of inspiration.

Any suggestions welcome! 

200316165817-03-work-from-home-desk-setups-super-tease.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Looking for desk and home office inspiration

Hello @Peggers 

Check out this link. https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/DIY-Office-Desk-Top/m-p/43915#M2070 

It's a desk I designed for one of our members. A bit overboard I think but can be easily modified.

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@redracer01 That's really impressive. LOVE the big TV and fridge. I could rule the world with that set up. I might look at doing a modified version of that, like you say. Thanks for the heads up!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great topic, @Peggers! I'm sure many of us are still working from home and utilising workspaces that were only ever intended to be used periodically.

On a side note, I'd be keen to see everyone's workspace setup, even if it wasn't timber.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc I agree, plenty of scope for some 'before' pictures here! I'm looking to make a desk next week - getting inspiration at the moment. Will post how it was made when I've finished it.

ogosh
Having an Impact

Hi @Peggers

I did a home-office build a couple years back, see here for any inspiration.

home office build 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects