Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My house build on an acre block

westfitpt
Just Starting Out

My house build on an acre block

Hey thought I’d share bits and pieces of buying our acre block 

bare and building a beautiful modern fully landscaped home all by myself except the house as Riky’s and Moylan did that 

westfitpt
Just Starting Out

Re: my house build on an acre block

So the first thing I did was build two garden beds along either side of the block 

I used pine  timber  from Bunnings , 

1 garden bed is 70 m , the other is 30 m 

I then stringlined it from end to end where I wanted it and then hammered in some steel pegs to screw the board to , i then ran all water droppers and hose and then filled the bed with good soil , I then weed matted it and added the plants any really that you like you can use , 

And then used a pine bark 7 mm from bunnings

Re: my house build on an acre block

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @westfitpt. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

Congratulations on building your new home and landscaping the garden all by yourself. It sounds like an amazing transformation you've made to the property, and I trust you are very proud of your efforts. The garden beds sound particularly impressive.

I'm sure our members would love to see some images of what you have created. Please let me know if you need any help with uploading them.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects