Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My plantation chair

Lynn1956
Just Starting Out

My plantation chair

20210911_164743.jpg

I really wanted a white cane chair to create a reading nook but they were so expensive. So...I went on marketplace and found this one for $15. It needed some TLC. With some structural repairs it was back in business. I found that flooring glue from a cartridge created the same image of a strip of cane when it dried so with the help of some clamps overnight it all came together.  A sand, oil based undercoat and then a couple of coats of spray Rustoleum.  Foam is really expensive so I  made some cushions from memory foam pillows...and I  love it ...all the work was so worth it!

20210709_124247.jpg

20210711_121559.jpg

20211023_155335.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My plantation chair

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lynn1956. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a lovely restoration you've completed there! The chair looks absolutely gorgeous on your balcony, and I'm sure it's a brilliant spot for a morning coffee.

Well done with breathing new life into this tired old piece of furniture. Thanks to your efforts, I trust it now has many years of service left in it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects