Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need to paint a whole house in lockdown

seannami
Building a Reputation

Need to paint a whole house in lockdown

Hi everyone

I recently bought my first home and it needs painting, flooring etc before moving, all in lockdown and mostly solo DIY. Unfortunately I have to have moved in by the time Melbourne's roadmap says retail will be open.

I know you can call your local store to get tinted paint, but its there a way to get paint swatches? I tried ordering direct from Taubman's but my order has not even been acknowledged let alone sent (the new tenants in my current place may get a random stack of swatches). The websites are ok for getting an idea of colour, but hopeless otherwise and I can't really afford heaps of sample pots for the sake of picking different colours for a whole house. Is there a way to just get a set of Taubman's paint chips somehow (other than the $300 fan deck from the same place that hasn't acknowledged my swatch order)?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need to paint a whole house in lockdown

Hello @seannami

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about painting your house during the lockdown.

Congratulations on your new home! I'm sorry that you are unable to get colour swatches at this time. To help you get started I've placed the link to Taubmans and Dulux's colour brochures below. These brochures should give you an idea of what colour scheme you can apply to your house. There will be a colour difference between what you see on your screen and what the actual colour will be. But, it does narrow down the choices you have to make.

Once you've chosen your preferred colours, post your list here. I can then ask your local store to pick out your swatches and have them sent by mail to you. When you've made your final choice, you can order it through click and collect. Please note that not all paint swatches are available at the store.

Please keep us updated with your progress. We look forward to seeing the start of your painting project.

Here is the link to Taubmans: The design files – Look book palettes

Here is the link to Dulux: Discover Dulux colour

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
seannami
Building a Reputation

Thanks Eric

There is a little time before settlement, but as I'll only have a couple of weeks to get it done I wanted to be as prepped as possible!

I would like swatches for (all Taubmans):

Bleached leather

Victorian Linen

Village Cream

Team Spirit

Dwarf Pine

Spruce Grove

Apple a Day

Boysenberry

Pep Talk

Garden Pond

Inkling

Prussian Blue

Blue Russian

Thank you so much! My local store is Mill Park in Vic (happy to drive/walk and collect if its easier). I'll definitely be posting progress shots when I get going!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @seannami

Thank you so much for listing your colour choice. Let me reach out to you through private messaging so that I can provide you with further assistance.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects