Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell With Grid Connect

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell With Grid Connect

Having seen this at the big green shed and having installed a few Ring Doorbells for other people I liked the onboard video storage so as not to have to pay fees for cloud storage.
Better image quality than Ring
No cloud storage fees
PIR range is better than advertised.
Can recharge using a power bank.
Dislike
Had to reset it to get the chime to work.
Has issues at times connecting a live camera, recording works fine though.
PIR can be a bit too good had to turn it down to stop passing cars setting it off.

So far not part of my Google Home System would be nice to have show on my Lenovo Smart Display, I can emulate a smart phone on my computer if I have to rather not though.

I am sure I will find some more stuff to like and dislike over time.

Walter

Re: Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell With Grid Connect

@Brad

Neat product.

I'm using all Nest Home related stuff, but I'm thinking I should "not put all my eggs in one basket", LOL

Definitely worth considering, as I have not yet installed a video doorbell, and for testing out this is the right price for me.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Orion Smart Wireless Video Doorbell With Grid Connect

I have looked at the Nest doorbell it is hard wired though, it would I think display on the Nest Tablets.

Waiting on a smart lock that works on screen doors, most of the mainstream options are messy work arounds or require you to sell a kidney. There is a Chinese company that makes smart euro locks that I may have look into importing.

I would like some smart lights to go with the 4 minis and the smart screen.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects