Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting aluminium Windows

Scott59
Just Starting Out

Painting aluminium Windows

Window_Frames.jpg

I have a number of aluminium Windows. We have painted outside of house and want the window frames to be white. What is the best way to repaint the aluminium frames please

Thanks

Scott59

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Painting aluminium Windows

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scott59

Welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining the community. I hope you find plenty of great information and advice here, and have some fun along the way. I'm sure you will find plenty of helpful community members like @Brad who are always happy to help.

In addition to the video that Brad linked to, you might also find this previous Workshop conversation useful - Painting 80s aluminium doors

I'm looking forward to reading about your projects and plans. Is the window refresh part of a bigger renovation of the house?

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Krankn
Just Starting Out

One other option is to clad the face of window frame with timber. This can be done with timber moldings and glued in place after painting or varnishing. Construction adhesive  will hold timber to aluminium. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Krankn. Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join the community. It sounds like you've got a lot of knowledge and experience you can share. I also hope you find plenty of useful information and inspiration here. Please post again soon.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Scott59,

Hope all is well.

How did you go with painting your aluminium window frames? I hope you found the advice you received useful.

There's also the Bunnings D.I.Y. Advice video below that members should find helpful.

Jason

We have a new video for how to paint window mullions (window frames) with spray paint. Hope you all find it useful.

jako
Just Starting Out

Great demonstration. I need to pluck up the nerve to try it. It looks so easy but knowing me ... 

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @jako.

It's fantastic to have you join us! It would be great to following along and assist you with your project. I trust you'll find loads of inspirational projects for around your home and garden which our amazing members have contributed.

If you need any advice or have questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects