Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Remove a pelmet on a blind?

anthony
Finding My Feet

Remove a pelmet on a blind?

The recent rain has caused a water leak that appears to be coming from a pelmet that is used for a window vertical blind.  I want to remove the pelmet to find out where the leak is and fix.  the pelmet has no visible screws, and appears to be fixed to ???  Please advise how to remove the pelmet.  Please respond.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Remove a pelmet on a blind?

Hi @anthony,

Welcome to the Workshop community. 

Could you please post some photos of the pelmet so our helpful members can see what you are working with and share some advice with you? Let me know if you need a hand with uploading some. 

Please note I have edited your post to remove your phone number to protect your privacy. Once we have a little more information, I'm sure our helpful members will be able to assist promptly here on the Workshop site. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I will get a photo and include thank you Jason.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me know if you need a hand with uploading a photo or two @anthony.

Jason

Jason.

Thank you for your kindness in responding to my earlier request.  My computer system fizzed out soon after, and its taken me this long to get it going again with the help of Microsoft Support.  While waiting to get my system fixed, I returned to the task and eventually solved it by persistence.

This type of pelmet can be removed by pulling at it out as it is held together by four 1 inch sticky pads ???   So problem solved.

The bigger problem now it seems is where the patio interfaces with the roof.  Got a roof repair man to come on Thursday to see what can be done to  'stop' rain from running under the interface color bond patio roof as the Spanline people placed small plastic stoppers where color bond sheet meets the tiled roof. The placed plastic stoppers in the gaps, and these deteriorated and crumbled to show that Patio World/Spanline did not provide a good solution to this patio installation. 

Any thoughts on a solution?  Anyhow, thanks a million for your interest and support.  Lets see what the roof repair fellow suggests.  Keep safe and in good health.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, glad to see that you have got the pelmet off @anthony (and got your computer running again, too!)

Good luck with the roof doctor. Let us know how you go and do feel free to share some photos if you want a second opinion. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects