Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Removing/prevent mould

lesismore
Just Starting Out

Removing/prevent mould

My partner and I have been removing wallpaper from our house we recently bought. In one of the bedrooms we've noticed what appears to be mould. A friend of ours suggested other than getting a professional to remove the patch of wall, there's a product from bunnings that can be applied in order to stop it from spreading but couldn't remember what it was. Any suggestions would be greatly recommended. 

20210109_130406.jpg

20210109_130428.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Removing/prevent mould

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lesismore. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If you plan to paint the wall, you can clean it with Flood 750ml Mould Action Pre-Paint Treatment and then add some Protite 20ml Mould Defender Paint Additive to your paint. This will help prevent the mould from coming back. However, you need to address the underlining issue, trapped moisture in the room or wall. Moisture absorbers can be helpful if placed within the room. 

I've found a quarter teaspoon of oil of cloves in a litre of water is a great way to kill and prevent mould on most surfaces. Through my experience, it has been more effective than bleach-based products and is kinder on the lungs.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects