Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sunroom - what can I use to shield the rain?

kakashi
Getting Established

Sunroom - what can I use to shield the rain?

Hey all,

We have a small sunroom that connects to a laundry room and an a WC. Our pets have currently taken over (a puppy and a kitten) and I occassionally hang our clothes here when it's raining.

We'd like reclaim this space as a sunroom and extend it a little bit so the pets can have their own corner and we can sit with them. In the meantime, I was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions on what we can use to shield against heavy rains? Lately, when it has been heavily raining or hailing, the rain will soak most of the pet's things (pee pads, litter box, a random part of a cabinet we reused for the cat).

Because the sunroom also partially covers one of the windows, we'd still like something that would still allow sun in as that room is already limited in their sun.

As I would like to extend it in the future (not sure how much will be involved), I wouldn't want to spend a huge amount of $$ and would be looking for something I can put up and take down.

Thanks in advance!

[Deleted]

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sunroom - what can I use to shield the rain?

Hi @kakashi,

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased to have you join the community and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans in future. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we might improve Workshop for you.

I'll hand over to our ever-helpful community members now. I'm sure they will have some suggestions for you. Thanks for sharing some photos, they always help give members a better idea of how to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

kakashi
Getting Established

This is PERFECT! Thank you so much!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kakashi,

Hope you are staying safe and well. 

As this has been a very popular discussion on the site, it would be great to see what you achieved with your sunroom if you are able to share. 

Many thanks. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need a hand with any project around the house or garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects