Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Super tyre valve covers for my wheelchair

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Super tyre valve covers for my wheelchair

To cold to go outside, so I thought I would Design and 3D print some Super tyre valve covers for my wheelchair..

109352029_10222189166180052_8499435735934737552_n.jpg109726130_10222197814516255_310817306869594831_n.jpgl

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: To cold to go outside

Hi @Super_D,

Many thanks for sharing your project. That sounds a great way to occupy yourself on a dreary day. How long did they take you to design? I'd love to get myself an entry-level printer, but I feel it might be a good idea to get something slightly better. It's amazing to see how affordable 3d printers have become in the last 10 years.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: To cold to go outside

I use Fusion 360 and I am learning that program, which slows me down. If you know Fusion or another CAD Program you are 1/2 way there.

It only took a few hours to design and 15 mins to print and twig the design a bit then reprint.I also filled in the red with nail polish, then 2 clear coats over them.

Mine is just an entry level printer, that was a good place for me to start. The only thing I would like is a bigger and heated plate, so I could make bigger things and use different Filament that requires a heated plate. But PLA Filament is still good for most things...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects