Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

TV unit upgrade

crel64
Getting Established

TV unit upgrade

6EEAB092-3304-4410-A070-3FF26F326658.jpeg

After watching YouTube and Pinterest for inspiration I decided to take this huge project of building from scratch a new TV unit in my home… 

From frosting and encasing the window then covering in gyprock my blank canvas was ready…..

base units constructed from 17mm ply sheets, 4 draws from same material fixed together with pocket screws Shaker style

doors and draw faces also made with pocket screws with mdf inserts

Painted with Ozito spray gun then installed in to place

5E3386BF-5223-4119-BCAA-8CC1EDE13CFE.jpeg

AD5E5925-EF90-4625-A0EC-94AC864F854F.jpeg

E395EF48-5FF6-46DC-AB6F-903770BD2F88.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TV unit upgrade

Looks fantastic, well done @crel64. Glad to hear you got inspired into action. I'm sure now others will be really inspired by your work. 

Many thanks for joining the Bunnings Workshop community and sharing your first project with us. We are looking forward to seeing many more in the future. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand, whether it is advice or ideas. We're here to help.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning ! @crel64 

That looks superb! Very professional looking finish!

"Ozito spray gun"

I don't own one. Which one? Clearly it creates a better finish than a paint brush?

crel64
Getting Established

Hi There… first time using a spray gun on any timber work just usually stuck with a brush or roller but yes I used the base model Ozito spray gun I think around $44 from bunnings and thinned down the water based enamel paint and lightly build up 2 or 3 coats…. Turned out better than I thought and cheers for your nice comments!!!

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

OK. Thank you for that.

I must look at it next time I'm in Bunnings. 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects