Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

Good one @HenriEtte, thanks for joining in the discussion. Looking forward to reading about your next project. Don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share or need a hand from our amazing community members. We're pleased to have you join us.

Welcome,

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lots of gardening for us over the weekend in the beautiful sunshine. 

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Jason 

My wife and young daughter had a tonne of fun potting up plants and some inexpensive potted colour. It was a great way to bring a bit of vibrance to our backyard. Its certainly feels like spring now!

Mitchell

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Made a bed slat Friday that got fitted via the airport and beach detours so their bed was fixed for their wedding Sunday.

Saturday put new webbing on an old chair because the owner was also invited to the wedding Sunday.

Sunday wedding - customer doesn't want her chair till December or January when she is moving so can I just store it for her... Two beers in thought paying a visit to a company director was off so arranged for Monday.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hope all the dads had a very happy father's day yesterday. I was spoilt by my boys with a lovely breakfast and enjoyed the sunshine. 

Thinking of all the Workshop community members in Victoria who are currently doing it tough. Please reach out if you need any help or support.

Jason

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

I've got a couple of days off so this morning I thought I'd build a fence across my driveway to stop my toddler from escaping the backyard. I'm in a rental property so it has to be minimally invasive and any damaged caused repaired before I leave. 

I used three https://www.bunnings.com.au/specrite-1800-x-902mm-merbau-slat-screen-panel_p8500281 and a https://www.bunnings.com.au/protector-aluminium-50-x-50-x-1600mm-black-flanged-fence-post-with-cap_p...

I'll need to fill the four Dynabolt holes before I leave but apart from that nothing permenant has changed.

I'm very happy with how it turned out as it only took a few hours to put together. Super simple with the pre-made panels.

Mitchell

IMG_20200914_124148024.jpg

IMG_20200914_124344150.jpg

IMG_20200914_124307365.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

How good is that! 👍

I haven't seen pre-made fence panels at Bunnings before. These are superb!

I like how you can remove it and take it with you.

querencia
Building a Reputation

I’ve spent this weekend focussing on my front yard makeover. Saturday was the day of physical work, digging and cutting out Kikuyu lawn where garden beds are planned to go. Sunday was the day for online research, looking at fencing options and rethinking the next step. My teenagers made chocolate crepes for brekky and sushi for lunch - delicious!

Chocolate crepes for breakfast sounds amazing @querencia. Good on you for making the most of the weekend. 

I spent plenty of the weekend watching football, but also enjoyed a bike ride with a friend. 

In the garden I did some weeding and spent an hour or two trying to get a big stump out of the ground from a tree that had to be removed. It's hard work! 

Jason

I had another go at the stump yesterday and got it out. Very satisfying! Especially after a neighbour walked by and (unhelpfully) told me how hard it was and then proceeded to tell me what to do (which was exactly what I already was doing...) :smile:

Hope all the Dads had a very happy father's day, even if you weren't able to see your kids in person. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects