Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What did you do over the weekend?

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

Well this is a continuation of Mackas Planter Boxes and here is the start of his latest project. Just remember Macka is 4. Knows his PPE and OHS 😁

Parents please don't forget your kids. They love learning DIY and its great for their future

IMG_20190826_105906.jpg

IMG_20190731_165948.jpg

Took advantage of the sun on Saturday to do a bit of tidying up around the garden - mainly weeding and adding mulch. 

Besides getting very spoiled for Father's Day, I hung some art in our Master suite, tidied up the garage, installed some new LED work lights, got started on a batten cladding feature for my kitchen island and potted up this big fella (standing 3m tall).

20190902_070839.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

I did some more weeding on the weekend and gave the lawn a feed. I'm sure with recent rain and plenty of sunshine it will really take off now. 

Jason

After recovering from a sick household throughout the week, I made a bit of progress on finishing my pool, installed new LED batten lighting in garage, added some new cacti to the collection and yesterday spent the day out with my girls on a spontaneous adventure totally 360km and 5hrs driving. Good times 😀

----------
Handy and helpful

I had the week-end off after helping my son for the last couple painting his house out.I took advantage of the beautiful day we had here to go for a walk around the local lake with a couple of old mates of mine.I then went down to Bunnings to get welding rods and some other bits and pieces to repair some work equipment that needed attention.I then spent the rest of the afternoon doing the repairs on the damaged work gear.Sunday morning was filled up with mowing,whipper snipping,weeding,etc,and then I got some spare time to spend applying the finishing touches to a portrait of Julia Roberts which has taken me a couple of weeks to complete as I have been very time poor recently.(I'll include it in this post just in case anyone shares the same interest) JulRobs9.jpgThe late afternoon was spent watching the Parramatta Eels demolish the Brisbane Bronco's in a one sided hiding.I enjoyed it though been a long time Eels fan.

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

MVIMG_20190912_090959.jpg

MVIMG_20190912_090933.jpg

MVIMG_20190912_091014.jpg

 Macka and I Built a special Garden Bed

I was fortunate enough to attend a friend's wedding. It was fantastic to be there to celebrate. 

Hope everyone else had a great weekend and your footy team had a win!

Jason

Did some weeding and tidying up in the garden, cleaned the pool and played some cricket. 

I also really enjoyed attending a high school reunion on Friday night. Shout out to Workshop member @Yonnee - it was good to see you!

Jason

Got started on a poolside composite deck for a friend/customer and a few things around my own home.

I've damaged a tendon in my right elbow and I'm on strict rest orders but I've ignored that advice. Made me slower on the job and I'm more sore now but at least I achieved something over the wknd. Off for some PRP in the next week or so, see if I can get it fixed.

Starting on my own decking in the next week or so with some beautiful Pacific Teak. Will keep you posted.

20191012_073957.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-172806_Instagram.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects