Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What project do you want to tackle next?

Many people have long lists of projects they would love to tackle around the house and garden.

We'd love to hear from you about the one project you want to get stuck into next. 

Let us know by replying below.

I'm sure the rest of the Workshop community will be more than happy to give you some advice and help along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
killermouse1974
Just Starting Out

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

chicken coop and run

Great project @killermouse1974, thanks for sharing. It would be fantastic to see how you go with it. 

You might be interested in these previous Workshop discussions:

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded community members keen to share advice, information and inspiration. 

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

A very warm welcome to all the new Workshop members that have joined us this week, including @Chelsea, @Jpotts3343, @dumplove, @lukecox, @traceymt, @MajorPayne1, @PaulaTeitge, @Ian14, @EdemBadu, @Natalie, @Cyoung, @Bazofnarra and @Mitch.

Why not join the discussion and tell us what project you want to tackle next?

Jason

Cazzy
Getting Established

I want to replace front verandah decking, on a budget

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cazzy

Feel free to start a new discussion if you need a hand with your decking project. I'm sure there are plenty of experienced community members who are happy to share their knowledge.

Jason

Rodney
Having an Impact

Stain the deck
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good one @Rodney. You might find these previous discussions useful:

Let us know how you go with it, and feel free to start a new discussion if you need a hand.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Jason

Sporky
Building a Reputation

After having recurring homelessness for over a year, I am finally settled into a suitable home with a long term lease. Since moving in February, we have realised there are many small projects we need to do. We have already affixed a mirror to the bedroom wall (no more OMG what am I wearing moments in public!), removed some overgrown roses and bushes from the yard (but I still have a knobbly bit in the ground I have to remove) and hung a handful of picture frames.

What's next? Well there are two projects next on the list.

Outside we have to prepare the yard over winter for spring planting.I have successfully killed everything I've tried to grow, however with the warragul community garden so close, I'm able to get great advice AND take my plant with me if I need to. The current list of plants I'm trying to keep alive is: one red hot poker (a gift from the WCG), six kale seedlings (I'm pretty sure they are dead, diagnosis today from WCG), one yukka in a plastic pot, one lemon tree and an array of rose bushes, hedges and flowers.

Inside we have to find a way to repair our dining room table. It's a 6 person glass table with 4 metal legs. Unfortunately when it was moved last, someone (not naming the removalist) twisted off a leg rather than unbolting it so only 3 legs have their metal discs attached to the table. The problem I have is that the metal leg has to be attached directly to the glass and I don't know how to do that properly and safely. So I'm here to learn.

My husband is handy but has a disability so spends his time repairing and building bikes for the disadvantaged - for free. The parts he can't use or frames and wheels he can't recycle are usually repurposed into my art obsession. He is currently resanding our coffee table to be either painted or stained (it's beautiful wood that's been painted over) - he's been at it over a couple of days and I expect it will take him a few weeks...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Sporky. It's wonderful to have you join the community. I'm sure you will find plenty of inspiration and information from other community members for your upcoming projects.

Feel free to post questions anytime. There's plenty of gardeners in the community who I'm sure would be happy to provide tips for keeping your plants alive! You might also like to start a new discussion about your table repair. And we'd also love to see progress shots of your projects so others can learn from what you're doing or make suggestions.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. Thanks again for joining us and for introducing yourself. 

Jason

I am happy to lead a Workshop on how to make a complete Games box out of a Tea-Chest.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects