Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What project do you want to tackle next?

Many people have long lists of projects they would love to tackle around the house and garden.

We'd love to hear from you about the one project you want to get stuck into next. 

Let us know by replying below.

I'm sure the rest of the Workshop community will be more than happy to give you some advice and help along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

Wow, that sounds amazing @bopple. I'm sure your son would love that, and that it would inspire many other Workshop community members. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. Perhaps you could start a new discussion and share a bit more detail? I'm sure some of our keen woodworkers in particular would be happy to share their thoughts and advice.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's great to have you onboard. Workshop is a fun and friendly place and we look forward to you joining in the discussions and sharing your projects. Please post again soon.

Jason

PlantJunkie
Getting Established

My next project will be to make some outdoor concrete pots.concrete pots.pngI can't wait to get crafting.

They look great @PlantJunkie. Please share some photos when you make them. It's great to see you've already shared some photos of other projects on the Gallery.

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the community. I'm sure you will find plenty of helpful advice, information and inspiration as you browse Workshop. It looks like other community members will also enjoy seeing what you get up to. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Snez
Just Starting Out

Thanks to all who have made this a reality.It's a great idea. I have two projects I want to do.

1. Replace worn out rollers on sliding glass door.

Looked up sites online for learning how to replacing rollers, read what to do, just now to put into practice.

2. Assemble a Absco garden shed.

I had to do a retaining wall first (keystone blocks) due to the slope (to concrete with the slope was going to cost approx $2000). I barrowed 10 ton of clean fill ,made some steps also, in the middle so to be able to access lower garden. Had a concreter come in when site was level,to do slab for shed

I have a maintenance guy lined up hopefully to help me, as extra pair of hands required as these jobs are best done with 2 .

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Two great projects. Many thanks for sharing @Snez. All the very best with them. If you need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to hit the Start a discussion button and ask the Workshop community for their input. I'm sure our community members will be more than happy to assist in any way they can.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join us. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Jason

Gino
Just Starting Out

I've never really had all the tools I needed to tackle jobs that needed doing but as I'm now retired I've steadily bought tools as I needed them. Since September last year I've renevated a cabin/annex down the coast the helped daughter and son-in-law renevate and older house they purchased.  

This has now given me the confidence to tackle more tasks. In the next year or so I'd like to tackle jobs around the house with a view of selling in the next year or two and down sizing now all the kids have gone. Looking forward to getting advice from the workshop community.

Regards John

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John (@Gino)

You sound like a great Dad! I'm sure your daughter and son-in-law appreciate all the hard work you've put in. It would be great to see what you've done if could share further. Perhaps you could start a new discussion with more details about the renovation? Perhaps even some photos? I'm sure it would inspire and inform other members.

I'm also confident that you will can get plenty of help and information from other Workshop community members for your upcoming projects. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. 

Welcome to the community. 

Jason

Mex
Growing in Experience

I'm getting solar panels put on my roof, so I need to do some roof renovations, remove an old satellite dish, replace some guttering and get some more insulation under the section where the panels will go, since it's a skillion roof with no crawl space. Once the solar panels are on, I won't want to be moving them to do repairs or insulate.
KEB
Just Starting Out

I have a kitchen, bathroom and laundry to rip out and replace. I've demolished the kitchen, removed the shower screen and removed the bathroom and linen closet doors from their frames. The next step is to remove the old vanity, a small wall cupboard in the laundry and the old laundry tub. After that, get all the PPE on and remove Tilux and other asbestos-containing panels. I'll do the easy stuff (<10 m2) and the pros can do the harder stuff. Fun fun fun, but it'll be good to have some progress!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds fun @KEB. It would be great if you could hit the Start a discussion button and share some more detail on what you have planned. Do you have any photos and/or sketches? I'm sure that Workshop community members would be happy to provide feedback and advice on the project. 

Thanks for joining the community here on Workshop. You'll find plenty of useful information and inspiration in the previous discussions and gallery photos, and that members are always happy to share their experiences and knowledge when asking new questions. 

Looking forward to seeing more of your renovation soon.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects