Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find womens DIY workshops?

LCT915
Getting Established

Where to find womens DIY workshops?

Hi :smile: I would love to learn some DIY stuff instead of relying on my grown up kids or male friends. I can't see any how to learn to be a capable DIY women type workshops at Bunnings in Sydney! Or elsewhere in person with anyone else. Does anyone know of anything like this, other than You Tube videos? Thanks for your help and ideas :smile:

jillm
Finding My Feet

Re: Where to find womens DIY workshops?

thankyou for replying! 

I'm in Cremorne in NSW, So Artarmon, or Balgowlah or Warringah mall?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jillm 

Let me make some inquiries for you regarding those locations you've given. 

In the meantime, I suggest having a look at this inspirational story - How to build your D.I.Y. confidence by @Tara86.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jillm,

Just wanted to let you know that you can find and book workshops at your local stores via the Bunnings website. 

Just click on Stores at the top of the page, then Find a store, then click on the More details option when your chosen store has appeared. This will take you to a page where you can see and book upcoming workshops. For example, here is the page for Artarmon.  

All the best,

Jason

jillm
Finding My Feet

So I've looked at ALL the stores that I know where they are in Sydney... and NOT ONE has any women's DIY workshops.

Not one... 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

My apologies @jillm, I have received clarification from the Bunnings team.

Responding to feedback from customers, Bunnings no longer schedules dedicated workshops for women. The aim is to deliver experience and education based on ability and skill set rather than gender to ensure the workshops are inclusive for all. 

If you would like to let us know what topics you are interested in, we will be more than happy to assist with suitable in-store workshops at stores near you. And of course we would love to help you build your skills and confidence by providing any assistance we can here on Bunnings Workshop. Our community members are a supportive and encouraging bunch.

Jason

Hi,  I live in Swansea NSW and can attend Bennett's Green or Glendale Stores to attend any workshops.

I'm having a bugger  of a time finding the time and subjects for these workshops on your website.. 

Could you eutectic me to that information or send me the link

I'm keen to start lessons

Thank you

Regards

Maureen

Screenshot_20231017-090218_Gallery.jpg

Hi @Maureen53,

You can see and book upcoming workshops on the Bunnings website. 

This is the store page for Bennetts Green - https://www.bunnings.com.au/stores/nsw/bennetts-green

This is the store page for Glendale - https://www.bunnings.com.au/stores/nsw/glendale

Make sure you click on Set as my store to see the list of workshops at each store. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects