Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Your plans for 2020

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your plans for 2020

It's been a tough start to 2020 for many Australians, but let me wish all Workshop members a very happy (and safe) new year. I hope this year brings plenty of joy and exciting new challenges. 

I never fail to be impressed at the power of community. How everyone has unique experiences and knowledge they can share. And I’m constantly impressed at how generous people can be in sharing their time and expertise with others. Check out The Top 10 Workshop projects of 2019 if you want some great examples and plenty of project inspiration. 

Holidays can not only help recharge the batteries, they can also provide some time to plan the year ahead. This site recorded record page views over the last couple of weeks, so obviously there are a lot of people thinking about new projects around the house and garden.  

What projects are you planning to kick off this year?

Jason

Plans.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
meejah
Finding My Feet

Re: Your plans for 2020

Ten days ago I planted out a VegTrug acquired as a special order through Bunnings Kings Meadows and a few other garden beds with herbs, greens and vegetables and thankfully we had 26mm of rain yesterday - the first decent rainfall in almost three months. The VegTrug is suitable to protect browsing from our potaroos, wallabies, possums, native hens and horses and cattle that tend to eat our unprotected vegie plots and fruit trees. And @Jason just challenged me to contribute to Workshop, so here I am

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @meejah. Fantastic to have you as a part of the Workshop community. You'll find loads of keen gardeners in the community so I'm sure you'll fit right in. I'm also sure that you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden. Feel free to post anytime. 

Jason

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@meejah would be great to see some pics of the setup and the progression if you get a chance.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Wow you guys make me exhausted just reading your lists. Personally I have just finished doing a reno on granny's laundry. This year I need to finish my daughter's kitchen reno. Interesting activity trying to fit a secondhand kitchen into a slightly different space. I finally figured out how to add pictures so put a couple pre tiling ones below. Im down to kick boards, painting and finishing exposed timber floor.  My main project this year is building an art studio for my wife. Basically a 7.5 x 6.5m building with toilet and huge stainless sinks. It was to be a Christmas job but took longer than expected to get plans through council. Its always interesting incorporating arty ideas into jobs.We found timberWe found timber

Cupboards cut down and fittedCupboards cut down and fitted

Finally strippedFinally stripped

Will it fitWill it fit

James 

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Thank you for sharing your pictures James. I was too chicken to totally gut my kitchen and start again.  so brave.  But doesn't the end result look amazing.  You tell your daughter from me, She's a very lucky girl to have a great dad like yourself @JDE .

Would love to see granny's laundry also.   I love to see everyone's work.  It gives me ideas, inspiration and encouragement to get in and do some of my many many jobs I need to tackle here...

Cheers

Old Gal

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

More than half of the year is gone and it's been one of the most eventful and challenging that many of us have ever faced.

How are you going with achieving what you had planned at the start of the year?

I'm constantly inspired by what Workshop community members have achieved in their homes. It's certainly been a busy year on the site as many of us have been forced to stay home, giving us the time and motivation to get stuck into projects around the house and garden. Check out the Project Gallery if you want some amazing examples of what members have been up to. 

Please don't feel down if you haven't been able to make much progress on what you had planned. There's certainly been lots of extra challenges to cope with. But do let us know if you need a hand with anything - we're more than happy to help.

Jason

It's been an interestingly challenging year to say the least, although I'm very grateful to be mostly unaffected by COVID by living in WA.

I've continued to tick things off my list around the house (and need to get back into the habit of sharing more again!) and have continued to build my business which has certainly taken up a lot of time.

I'm very impressed by how much my front garden has grown since the beginning of the year and find I spend more time curating it than I normally would.

My biggest and most boring problem to solve in the short-term is tidying up and organising my garage. I need to solve some storage issues and creating more space for myself.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects