Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

A3E92412-9D61-4CAF-A6DE-2793BAFF0861.jpeg

D49B31C4-1E7E-47D4-8E85-B9D33FB230DB.jpeg

Our laundry was pretty basic with just a standard trough and no storage. We wanted to make it more practical but had a very small budget. 
So we went to Bunnings and bought a large bench top, new sink, 2x cupboards and some beautiful tiles.  
It took us less than a day to put it all together, and the best part was it only cost us around $500 all up! 

Re: $500 Bunnings laundry reno

th- DIYER JUST SAW IT ON IKEA they have stock going to get it tomorrow thanks 

AC412D6E-E3BD-4415-A4CB-A2A0109FBC23.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Peachy,

Just wanted to welcome you to the community. Many thanks for joining in the discussion and please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We're looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans. 

Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
canny
Just Starting Out

Can you please list the names and links of the items you used. I can't find the cabinets, sink, storage and bench top that comes to $500?? I love the look of this and will copy this idea if I can only work out the products you used. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @canny. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

@prettyliving mentions on page two of this discussion:

"For those asking, the cupboards we used are the Marquee 1000mm melamine base cabinets ($99 each) and we just put different handles on them, the bench top is the Marquee 2400x600x25mm laminate white bench top ($99), the sink is the Estilo 610x510x250mm stainless steel laundry trough ($110), and the wall tiles are the Bellazza 60x30cm builders porcelain floor tiles ($25 per pack of 6, we used 2 packs)."

I've put together this list accordingly-

@prettyliving might like to confirm if these products are indeed what they used. I have made my best-educated guess according to the description and price.

I hope this list is of assistance to yourself and others. Please let us know if you decide to go ahead with the project and we would love to follow along with your transformation.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc Yep that’s right 👍🏻 The tiles we used are the grey ones from that range ☺️ 

Kimg
Just Starting Out

Brilliant love it! Are the flat packs easy to install and attach to the walls? Did you do the tiling yourself also? We’re looking to do a bathroom laundry reno and quotes are astronomical. Think we’ll use inspiration like yours to DIY where we can. At the very least buy flat packs through Bunnings.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kimg.

It's great to have you join us and fantastic to see you join straight into the conversation. Let me mention @prettyliving to see if she can answer your questions. We look forward to hearing about your bathroom renovation and encourage you to let us know if you need assistance with it as there are many very knowledgable members just waiting to share some advice.

Mitchell

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thank you @Kimg 😊 

They were super easy to assemble and we attached them to the walls 👍🏻 
We did the tiling ourselves, first time tiling and surprisingly it was pretty simple, we just watched some diy tutorials before hand so that we had a rough idea on what to do ☺️

mattmoo
Finding My Feet

@prettyliving 

Wow! Big difference!

Do you need to get the plumbing checked or are you allowed to do a lot yourself? 

Hey @mattmoo Sorry for the late reply.. 

thanks so much! We didn’t move the taps or anything so we didn’t have to touch the plumping besides replacing one small section of piping to attach to the new sink. ☺️ So wasn’t any need to get a plumber out to check it 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects