Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Advice for my small bathroom renovation

shravanbec
Finding My Feet

Advice for my small bathroom renovation

Hello, I;m moving into a 40 year old apartment. Current bathroom has a shower, toilet next to it and followed by a bath tub.

It also has Vanity straight infront of Toilet on the other wall. I'm planning to renovate it. I don't have huge budget as I already spent huge on the apartment :D. Below are the pictures and floorplan. I'm thinking

a. combining Shower and Bath together .

b. installing a new Vanity and Toilet.

As it's too smal bathroom, I am looking for suggestions from experts here. 

Full bathroom pic with vanity,shower and bathtubFull bathroom pic with vanity,shower and bathtubShowerShowertoilettoiletIMG_4323.jpgIMG_4319.jpgIMG_4358.jpgbath.jpg

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Looking advises for my Small bathroom renovation

Totally unhelpful we have matching vanity handles. You vanity is in a lot better shape than mine though.

IMHO separate shower and bath adds value to a property. I spent almost 16 years with a shower over bath before it was changed to shower only. I can guess why you want to change the vanity. If the bowl is ok I would change the cistern to a more modern dual flush. Shower screen does bug me though...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shravanbec,

Welcome to the Workshop community and congrats on the new apartment. 

Great to see the photos and a floorplan that includes dimensions so that other members can see what you are working with and provide specific advice. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform the room. 

Great to see you have already got helpful feedback from a very knowledgeable member in Brad. Let me also tag the wonderful @redracer01 who might like to share his opinion about your renovation work ahead and perhaps even share a plan with you. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

If you are worried about resale in future, I don't think too many people would expect a bath in an apartment. 

I reckon you are much better off to have a spacious shower. 

What's your budget @shravanbec? Are you planning on removing everything and starting from scratch?   

My budget is about 6K. I'm also worried about making many changes to the existing arrangement. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects