Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any ideas for my laundry reno using Kaboodle?

sandilee123
Finding My Feet

Any ideas for my laundry reno using Kaboodle?

I can't get Kaboodle to work trying to do a design for a laundry - I can't even add a door or anything. I have watched the videos and I just don't have the options. anyone else having issues. I am doing a laundry renovation and I have a top loader which is quite new so don't want to change but there does not seem to be many designs that incorporate a top loader. its a weird shape and design.any help would be great! I want lots of storage. dimensions2.jpegdimensionslaundry.jpeglaundry 2.jpglaundry1.jpglaundry3.jpglaundry4.jpglaundry5.jpg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: i can't work out how to use kaboodle any ideas for my laundry reno

Welcome @sandilee123. It's lovely to have you join the discussion. 

We're here to help and are confident you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

You might like to start by getting ideas from our Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projections from Bunnings Workshop members. There are lots of creative solutions that you can use as inspiration for your own project. 

Let me tag @MitchellMc and @redracer01 to ask for their assistance with your plans.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @sandilee123 

Looking at your current lay out are you planning to take out that middle wall separating both rooms? Are we keeping the large two blue hamper baskets or are they part of your laundry set up? Just wanting to know before I make my recommendations.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

The baskets are just part of the laundry but part of my thought process was to integrate them into a cupboard that slides out..so the laundry (clean that I have not folded) can be hidden. The wall in between will have to stay until I can figure out how to get rid of it. The room is basically used for a folding area and ironing area and I still need both. Currently the ironing board is permanently set up as I iron everyday (uniforms etc) 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sandilee123,

A top loader washing machine is higher than a standard benchtop. That's why you won't find many options for incorporating them with laundry cabinetry. Generally, you try to locate your washing machine at the beginning or end of a row of cabinets. 

You might like to take a look at how @renonewbie recently incorporated their top loader in Reno novice - Laundry redo as it turned out fantastic. You'll see they simply placed it alongside their benchtop and cabinetry.

I look forward to seeing if @redracer01 can come up with some ideas for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @sandilee123 

I'm sorry to hear that the Kaboodle software is proving difficult to use. But to save you from all that grief, I've drawn you up some basic designs that I hope will help you revamp your laundry. 

- The first picture with the shallow cabinets are actually wall cabinets just moved down. This will still give you storage space and not take up so much room. I've converted your pull out drying rack in to an open shelf with a facility to place hangers. By using hangers you wont have that same problem of over loading compared to the pull out drying rack. The wall fan will have to be taken out and transferred someplace else.

- The second picture shows full length pantry sets. Each pantry is 900 mm wide and is 2200 mm tall and 600 mm deep. These two cabinets should provide you with adequate linen and storage space. The gap I left near the pantry cabinets is for your brooms, mops and other cleaning items, the fold out drying must be stored here as well to create a clean straight look.

- The main laundry area has just been remade with the pantry near the laundry tub are gone to max out bench top space in the area.

- As requested the blue baskets are integrated in the design. Your portable ironing set will still fit in the middle of these cabinets but I would double check that there is enough space to make sure everything fits. Please have a good look at the layout, if you wish to move things around drop us a line here at workshop.

RedSandilee laundry top.jpgSandilee laundry1.jpgSandilee laundry2.jpgSandilee laundry3.jpgSandilee laundry4.jpgSandilee laundry5.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@redracer01 
Thanks so much for the ideas - is there a list of the products used? 

@redracer01 

this is awesome 

I have had a chance to have a good look, couple of things - the first room of the laundry has a slanted roof - the single pantry there now is 2 m high, a 2200 pantry isn’t going to fit there. The bench that exists in the ‘second room has to stay, it’s fixed in 

Hello @sandilee123 

First room :

1 x 800 base cab + 2 x 400 door gloss white

1 x 400 base cab + 1 x 400 door gloss white

1 x 800 wall cab + 2 x 400 door gloss white

1 x 450 wall cab + 1 x 450 door gloss white

2 x project panels ( acacia, beech or merbau )

2 x base end panels

1 x wall end panel

2 x 900 pantry cab + 2 pantry pack door set ( remove legs and install 30mm away from wall to fit in slant roof )

2 x pantry end panels

Second room :

1 x 450 pantry cab + 1 x 450 pantry door gloss white

2 x pantry end panels gloss white

2 x project panels ( your choice of finish )

2 x 800 wall cab + 4 x 400 door gloss white

2 x wall end panels

4 x 15mm flanges

4 x 15mm x 100mm galve pipe

4 x 15mm x 90 degree galve elbows

2 x 15mm x 1200mm galve pipe

1 x sheet 1200 x 2400 x 16 ( diy rolling trolleys for blue baskets )

1 x can dulux gloss white.

If you really wish to remove that bench top in the second room a saber saw will make quick work of it. If you feel that the bench top is difficult to remove I suggest asking a handy man or a builder to have a go at it. But if it is staying then perhaps a quick tidy up by straightening the doors and a simple wash of the doors with soap and water. For more information please visit the closest Bunnings in your area.Simply show them these drawings and your room size and they should be able to quote my drawing. Stay safe and good luck.

Cheers,

Red

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects